Normal movies on Wide Screen without looking stretched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

My friend is planning to get a 22" wide-screen LCD monitor, basically for watching movies, and he asked me something which i couldnt answer, so thought i could look for answers here.

well he wanted to know if movies can be played on the wide screen without looking 'stretched', coz he thinks he can watch only the wide screen edition of the movies on the lcd..

well i feel it all depends on the resolution of the movie right? and if the monitor supports it, the movie can be played widout any hassles, and without looking stretched.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well,

I hv a 19" SAMSUNG LCD Monitor, and the movies that i see are NOT stretched at a reso of 1280x760 or at a reso of 1360x768 (in my case) and I Use VLC player for all types of movie formats,

I dnt think there will be jus any problem with watching movies be it on a Desktop CRT Monitor or a LCD one...it will be displayed correctly without any stretching of the Video

THe widescreen movies (that u are asking about) are meant for (in my opinion) for PLASMA and LCD Televisions that hv a certain type of aspect ratio and a much wider screen size (horizontally) as compared to a Monitor (be it LCD or CRT), so obviously, the video will be stretched in those displays...

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
^ thanks for the reply!

so i guess it all depends on the aspect ratio! and i dont think normal dvdrips will look clear on a 22" screen!?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well i do watch normal DVD Rips (700 MB type Movies) on my 19" LCD adn they are clear and crisp on a reso of 1280x760..

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I run them at 1440x900. You can change the setting of the video in the player, so it wont look odd at all. You want any screenshots?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Nothing much, I use media player classic to play all videos, and in View->Video Frame, make sure Keep Aspect Ratio is ticked. Then, use Touch Window From Inside. This works with all videos, 3GP, videos at 640x480, DVD resolution movies, everything. In case the quality of the video is horrible, especially for low res videos, just resize your window. No need to change options ever again. I'll post SS later, seems to be a problem with my internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom