Non gaming Powerful Laptop with atleast 32 GB RAM

sunandoghosh

Broken In
1) What is your budget?

around 1 - 1.5L INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Around 15-inch display +/- Little Bit ok

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Coding, SQL Enterprise server, Visual Studio, Tableau, multiple excels, numerous web pages etc etc
Not gaming but lot of work related applications open simultaneously

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for

Solid processor which can handle complex tasks and can suffice for 3-4 years
RAM must 32GB with ideally provision to expand to 64GB in future just in case
Two SSD M.2 Slots instead of One so that I can use two SSDs in same machine
Not concerned much with GPU as not intending to play games
Able to support heavy multitasking like Visual Studio, Sql scripts, numerous browser pages, multiple excel sheets etc with Google drive one drive etc and many other things running in background
ADP for atleast 3 years (ok to buy as add on)
Not sure if USB 3.2 ports are available (I know 3.1 are common now)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Lenovo is preferable but open to others

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Not sure of recent Core Ultra vs Core i processors’ differences
but looking for one which can handle heavy multitasking speed without getting too hot
Also Lenovo has no thunderbolt 4 but no idea as to does it matter

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My office machines are Dell Precision 3580 laptops that come with Intel Core i7-1360P 12 core (16 logical cores), 64 GB of RAM and 1 TB SSD. I have used it to run multi-node Kubernetes clusters, several Docker containers, about 4 windows of Chrome, multiple IDEs, etc at the same time and I have never observed it slowing down.

So you might consider that. I haven't checked pricing though.

Not sure about the number of NVMe slots but it comes with two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports. It also charges via USB 3.0 port.

You might have to get a gaming laptop for 2x RAM slots & 2 M.2x slots. I doubt any other 15-16" laptop meets both the conditions. ThinkPad E16 & T16 provides 2x RAM slots but just 1x M.2 slot from what I know.

www.lenovo.com/in/en/p/laptops/loq-laptops/lenovo-loq-15ahp9/len101q0008
LOQ with R7 8845HS & 4050 will be more than enough for you. You can choose the build option as well, IMO QHD display isn't required as the 1080p panel is 100% sRGB. It has 2x RAM slots & 2 M.2x slots (check reviews by Jarrod Tech & Notebookcheck).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I was just checking Dell's site, it appears that the Precision 3480 is no longer available, but there is an updated model 3590 available:

www.dell.com/en-in/work/shop/business-laptop-notebook-computers/precision-3590-workstation/spd/precision-15-3590-laptop/awm3590?configurationid=cd875174-0d47-4a2b-a580-1f1885b396a1

After adding some customizations: 64 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD, the total cost comes to be Rs. 163939. There also appears to be an option for additional M2 storage which implies that there is an extra M2 slot that you can upgrade later.

Top Bottom