Nokia N95 has an Accelerometer !! - Video Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Damn, this phone even has an accelerometer!!

I made a short video showing the Nokia N95’s accelerometer. After months of owning the Nokia N95, I’m surprised this phone had it! You might be familiar with this technology from watching the iPhone commercials where the screen automatically changes when you hold it sideways. This is such a cool feature, I don’t understand why Nokia haven’t fully integrated it with the phone yet. Check out the video.

*blip.tv/file/get/NseriesTV-NokiaN95Accelerometer984.mp4.jpg
Click To Play

Video Formats: M4V (Original 640×480 resolution), MP4 (download on your Nseries phone), or YouTube.

Testing the accelerometer comes in the form of MovingBall, a software plug-in developed by Nokia. It does nothing else other than move the ball when you tilt the phone. I’m really surprised how responsive it is. It also knows when you shake the phone.

Download MovingBall if you want to try it out yourself.

A program that will take advantage of this technology is RotateMe 2.0 which should be coming out soon. Zach from Symbian in Motion expects RotateMe 2.0 at the end of November. It will add an auto-rotate feature ‘a la iPhone’ that will be compatible only with the Nokia N95.

Source - [URL="*thenokiablog.com/2007/10/31/video-nokia-n95-accelerometer-demonstration/"]TheNokiaBlog[/URL]

Awesome, hope to see some new and innovative apps coming up soon. Another reason why its better than iPhone!!

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
That was really nice find!
Buddy can you do a need full.. can you take a video with your n95 in medium lighting condition and upload! Please if you can..I want to check the quality..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Akshay said:
Whoa.. Y doesnt nokia advertise this thing... Did it slip out of their mind???
Nope, coz its nothing great to rave about..unlike Apple who don't leave a single feature unadvertised. N95, SE W910, K850 etc. all haf it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom