Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Well.. Hardware wise, SGS is wayyyyy ahead of N900.. So what you want is to basically look for Maemo vs android ;)

Last edited:

Anirvann

Broken In
It depends... i really lke my N900 more than my Galaxy S. I have both but i love the kind of freedom that the N900 and Maemo 5 provides.

Kvishal

In the zone
It depends... i really lke my N900 more than my Galaxy S. I have both but i love the kind of freedom that the N900 and Maemo 5 provides.

I think I have just found the right person in you to answer my questions since you have both N900 and Samsung Galaxy-S. Can you please answer some of my questions

1. When you watch a Video on the N900 does it look a grade fader then the Samsung Galaxy-s, How would you rate screen resolution and display when you compare it with the Samsung Galaxy-S. I know with the Amoled screen the Galaxy will definitely be better, but is the N900 lacking far too behind. is it like it is completely out of the race against the Galaxy.

2. Android and MAEMO 5 are 2 different things, BUt when you used both do you feel Android is more easier and friendly to use than the MAEMO 5.

The driving point for me will be the screen display between both. What I look for is when I am visiting a webpage it should give ma a near to PC experience,which I guess with the 4 Inch Amoled screen Galaxy also kind of gives it. And then of course the Screen Display if I am watching a video or playing games.

Can you tell me your observations about these points.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Well.. Hardware wise, SGS is wayyyyy ahead of N900.. So what you want is to basically look for Maemo vs android ;)

It is just not the Hardware the whole look and feel, the experience of using Galaxy is silk, it is so smooth. So thats what I mean in addition to this with Android 2.1 it feels great user experience. do people here agree with me ?

Last edited:

Anirvann

Broken In
The screen resolution is exactly the same on both so you will see the same amount of stuff on both by default. A web page will show the same on both at the default level. Ofcourse you can adjust size but then that is a personal thing... Screen on the N900 is pretty good. Infact while the SAMOLED screen on the Galaxy S is very good , i was far from blown away by it. The margin between that and the one on the N900 is not as huge as it is made out.

They are completely different operating systems and both have advantages and disadvantages so i guess its again a personal thing.

I have overclocked my N900 to 1.1GHz (no difference in battery backup) and it is super duper smooth.

Kvishal

In the zone
The screen resolution is exactly the same on both so you will see the same amount of stuff on both by default. A web page will show the same on both at the default level. Ofcourse you can adjust size but then that is a personal thing...

I was not only talking about the area covered by a web page or a video on the screen but in addition to it which one has a better viewing experience. Like for e.g Brightness, clarity. crisp pictures, detailing...

Kvishal

In the zone
The N900 has more clarity and crispness but the Galaxy S screen is brighter and has higher contrast.

What would you suggest if I am looking out for a entertainment aspect also in my phone like visiting the websites with very good picture quality, watching videos is great fun and ease of use of Apps. what would you suggest since you've both what would you suggest to someone.

What would you suggest if I am looking out for a entertainment aspect also in my phone like visiting the websites with very good picture quality, watching videos is great fun and ease of use of Apps. what would you suggest since you've both what would you suggest to someone.

Go for N900 as Galaxy lacks

1) Quwerty Keyboard so typing is always cumbersome
2) No Flash support for the web browser
3) No flash for the camera
4) No dedicated camera key
5) The all-plastic body is a real fingerprint magnet
6) Feeble loudspeaker
7) FM radio is mono-only

Kvishal

In the zone
I was going through some reviews on the net, where they were comparing the screen brightness between the iPhone, Galaxy, Motorola Droid and the N900. The N900 display was the least bright of all. Which worriies me a little is, as I am largely looking out for my phone to surf the internet and use it to watch movies and play games with some marginal using it as a Phone :razz: I dont know if N900 will leave up to the expectations.

mandrake

Broken In
yo techies, sorry to interupt betwn the n900 discussion. i have a query for moto milestone.
Where do i find good apps apart from the moto market which come pre-installed in the fone...

are there ne desi apps? most of the apps in the market seem to be US, UK people.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Kvishal

In the zone
Hey Krazzy,

Tell me, not just because you have a N900, and I am sure you may be a proud owner of it. But tell me Frankly have you checked out the Samsung Galaxy. Do you think the web surfing experience on the Galaxy is better than the N900
despite the fact that the N900 opens full web pages and supports a lot of Browser. is the Web surfing experience on the Galaxy better ? Because it is on such a big,bright screen that it is sheer fun to surf web on sucha screen isn't it ? Have you watched any HD videos on the Galaxy. watch it . I tell you it is just Mind Blowing. So do you think watching HD videos on the N900 is equally good. I mean it cannot be the same as Galaxy because of its 4 Inch Amoled screen. But then how is it in the N900.

Last edited:

simonjain223

Right off the assembly line
You can go for Sony Ericson Xperia X10 Mini.Sound Quality of this handset is outstanding with 3.5 mm audio jack. It has internal memory of 128 MB which can be expanded up to 8 GB. It also supports GPRS, 3G, WLAN, Bluetooth, EDGE and USB port. Let’s talk about Sony Ericsson Xperia camera it has 5 mega pixel camera with 2560х1920 pixels and gives good clarity pictures. It also contains some more advanced camera features such as autofocus, LED flash, Geo tagging with video recording.

moniaj

Right off the assembly line
sorry members for telling tht i didnt lik n900...its a fantastic fone..i'm never gonna sell it :)

Kvishal

In the zone
U didn't like the phone,but still u wanna keep it so r u gonns keep it as a momento of your bad memories with this phone...

U didn't like the phone,but still u wanna keep it so r u gonna keep it as a momento of your bad memories with this phone...

Last edited:
I was going through some reviews on the net, where they were comparing the screen brightness between the iPhone, Galaxy, Motorola Droid and the N900. The N900 display was the least bright of all. Which worriies me a little is, as I am largely looking out for my phone to surf the internet and use it to watch movies and play games with some marginal using it as a Phone :razz: I dont know if N900 will leave up to the expectations.

Looking at the N900 individually , the screen on the device is very good. And you will have no problem with it. But yes if u go from an AMOLED display to this then you will feel a difference. But the versatility of the LCD display and excellent sunlight visibility make me choose the N900 over others...

Hey Krazzy,

Tell me, not just because you have a N900, and I am sure you may be a proud owner of it. But tell me Frankly have you checked out the Samsung Galaxy. Do you think the web surfing experience on the Galaxy is better than the N900
despite the fact that the N900 opens full web pages and supports a lot of Browser. is the Web surfing experience on the Galaxy better ? Because it is on such a big,bright screen that it is sheer fun to surf web on sucha screen isn't it ? Have you watched any HD videos on the Galaxy. watch it . I tell you it is just Mind Blowing. So do you think watching HD videos on the N900 is equally good. I mean it cannot be the same as Galaxy because of its 4 Inch Amoled screen. But then how is it in the N900.

Hey , Watching HD video on these phones is pointless as their screen resolition is only WVGA so they cannot display HD video. Videos at native resolution look better to me on the N900.

U didn't like the phone,but still u wanna keep it so r u gonns keep it as a momento of your bad memories with this phone...

U didn't like the phone,but still u wanna keep it so r u gonna keep it as a momento of your bad memories with this phone...

I think he framed it wrong :p He DOES say that he loved the device.

Last edited:

Anirvann

Broken In
Is there any practical use for the iR port included in the N900 or is it just another hardware part included but not used ?

GERMZ

Banned
You can use it to control your television and other applications. The QtiRecco application allows you to do just that. It'll download the appliance remote from the internet and let u control your appliances with the N900 as a remote.

Ethereal

Broken In
I need someway to store my passwords safely on my phone so that even if it gets lost nobody should be able to access them. Any application for that ? Similar to Handy Wallet perhaps ? I used that on my previous Symbian device.

Top Bottom