Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

Ethereal

Broken In
It is version 9.4 which is capable of playing Flash video.

For the flashlight , there is an application in the repository which will let you use the dual leds as a flash !

@Ethereal : Thanks for sharing the info !

Guys try out this new application called jSpeed. With this you can track the speed of your car and distance travelled using the Highly Sensitive GPS Receiver on your phone ! Very useful i must say !

Ethereal

Broken In
Yeah it is awesome and the best part is that it can give out an alarm if you cross a certain speed limit. If you import speed camera files then you can even be warned about them !

GERMZ

Banned
The N900 uses a resistive touchscreen which is supposed to be more accurate. Can you give me some applications which benefit from that ?

Yes.. it is much more accurate than capacitive touchscreens. What kind of applications are you interested ?

There are some applications like Ansela which is like Photoshop for the N900 ! It is really powerful and benefits from the stylus and resistive touchscreen !

Ethereal

Broken In
There is another app which you can use to test the accuracy and sensitivity of the touchscreen. My Paint is a paintbrush application which supports pressure senstivity which is amazing !

The N900 definitely has the best and most sensitive resistive touchscreen !

I agree with that , the touch screen sensitivity is easily among the best. The only thing i would say missing is support for multi touch because otherwise this is one of the best screens ever made.

I generally use pixelpipe to upload to flickr / picasa. There is also a plugin for native support for y frog if you use that. I think that covers all bases...

Btw how do you switch between 3G and normal mode quickly ? Is there any short way ?

GERMZ

Banned
You should use the 3G Switch Applet for that ! It'll let you switch modes just with one tap. Works perfecly !
What sort of battery life are you guys getting on your device ?

GERMZ

Banned
What do you think about the social networking capabilities of the N900 ? Especially in comparison to Android devices and Samsung Wave ?

Germz... right off the start , the N900 can communicate over all the major IM networks. I think that alone gives it a great start over other devices. Also , the device can display the original desktop version of all websites so you can access any social networking site which you want on the N900.

Ethereal

Broken In
Well you gotta thank the open source nature of the operating system of the N900 ! You can use FaceBrickr for Facebook which is arguably the largest social networking network in the world.

GERMZ

Banned
OMG ! The keyboard on the N900 is awesome ! It makes it so easy to type out not just emails/messages but even when chatting on im networks ;)

Kvishal

In the zone
Hey Guys

I have just had to give my N900 to one of my cousin who was travelling abroad and so I am now again planning to buy a new phone. Having used the N900 for 2 months I am thinking should I now again go for it or should I look at some other new launches like I am seriously thinking between the N900 and the Samsung Galaxy-S.

I was wondering if any of you guys have got your hands on the New Samsung Galaxy S and then when you compare it with the N900, How does it score... My Brother has just got one, It's claim to fame is the Super Amoled Screen with Android 2.1 and wow that thing indeed has a superb screen. I mean what a screen Brilliant, Fantastic, Mind Blowing.It feels like a Rich LCD or a Plasma TV.With the slick Android 2.1 it makes it a Fantastic deal. Has anyone dig in to the Pros and Cons.

Top Bottom