nokia lumia 900

velociraptor

Broken In
hello friends i want to buy a nokia lumia 900 which will be pretty costly in india many sites have rated it about 30k but it is really cheap in usa here is the link
Nokia Lumia 900 - Nokia - USA
so i want to ask a ques that will any sim i.e any indian sim will be supported in that phone or not if yes please tell me is this a very nice phone ??and will it be able to upgraded to windows 8??

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
If I were you I'd stay away from it
-Lack of Apps in the Market, compared to IOS and Android, Windows has nothing to offer.
-Nokia's Future at Stake, yea we all know about it

Also the $99.99 price tag (the link you posted) is for a 2 year contract with ATT, you agree to pay $99.99 as an initial deposit, you get the phone with an ATT connection and you agree to pay $xx.xx per month for the next 2 years to ATT for mobile services. If you try to breach the contract, you could be in neck deep s**t.

Their plans start $39.99 a month which is $959.76 (39.99 * 24 months) + 99.99 as initial price.

Alternatively you can buy the phone for a no commitment pricing at $449 link - Nokia Lumia 900 Cell Phone - from AT&T (Its here where it says plans starting $39.99 a month)

Further this handset is sim locked to ATT.

Remember, if it's free someone is paying for it. In 99.999% of the cases its customers like me and you who end up paying.

If you are willing to spend that much, better get an android or Iphone.

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
If I were you I'd stay away from it
-Lack of Apps in the Market, compared to IOS and Android, Windows has nothing to offer.
-Nokia's Future at Stake, yea we all know about it

Also the $99.99 price tag (the link you posted) is for a 2 year contract with ATT, you agree to pay $99.99 as an initial deposit, you get the phone with an ATT connection and you agree to pay $xx.xx per month for the next 2 years to ATT for mobile services. If you try to breach the contract, you could be in neck deep s**t.

Their plans start $39.99 a month which is $959.76 (39.99 * 24 months) + 99.99 as initial price.

Alternatively you can buy the phone for a no commitment pricing at $449 link - Nokia Lumia 900 Cell Phone - from AT&T (Its here where it says plans starting $39.99 a month)

Further this handset is sim locked to ATT.

Remember, if it's free someone is paying for it. In 99.999% of the cases its customers like me and you who end up paying.

If you are willing to spend that much, better get an android or Iphone.
SO thats how these works huh :D
I always wondered how US customers always got iphones at much cheaper price .... :D

And to the OP.. Everybody over here is tired discussing about the disadvantages of Windows phone on another thread that just got locked 2 days ago.

Aerrow

Journeyman
hello friends i want to buy a nokia lumia 900 which will be pretty costly in india many sites have rated it about 30k but it is really cheap in usa here is the link
Nokia Lumia 900 - Nokia - USA
so i want to ask a ques that will any sim i.e any indian sim will be supported in that phone or not if yes please tell me is this a very nice phone ??and will it be able to upgraded to windows 8??

To answer your questions...

I think the first question is already answered perfectly... the one abt price difference..

For the other questions,

2. Almost all the nokia phones r quad band and hence support all operators and u can choose any GSM sim... bt it might only support micro sim..

3. Nice is a perspective.. the above guys have mentioned the cons.. there is a windows phone thread.. go there to see the pros... there r some ppl who prefer windows due to the fluidic UI..

4. There will be no update to Windows 8 unless there is a miracle.. Windows has kinda made it clear indirectly... there wud be updates and fixes since its Nokia.. bt an Android like upgrade to next OS is highly unlikely...

Tell me 1 Nokia Phone after the N8 that has been a hit ;)
Imo stay away from Windows OS in the phone, its no good!

I would not totally put a lock on Windows OS.. for all I hear, Windows 8 cud be something... dunno if Nokia will be there to witness it... unless taken over by Microsoft...

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
SO thats how these works huh :D
I always wondered how US customers always got iphones at much cheaper price .... :D

And to the OP.. Everybody over here is tired discussing about the disadvantages of Windows phone on another thread that just got locked 2 days ago.

Yea, the moment you sign the contract, ATT guys put a 'phansi ka fanda' in your neck, if you dry to do some upbeat moves, the guy on the other end pulls the rope.

If you have heavy usage, the deal is excellent, if you are looking for the phone ONLY, you'll end up in a hole with no way to escape.

Also am not sure of the network coverage in US, there can be a scenario where you buy a shiny new phone and dancing your way to the home only to find out that there's no network in your area, remember the phansi ka fanda?

I would not totally put a lock on Windows OS.. for all I hear, Windows 8 cud be something... dunno if Nokia will be there to witness it... unless taken over by Microsoft...

Lol, I don't expect any miracles.
Maybe the tiles will change to circles or rectangles.

Top Bottom