Nokia format

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyCo

In the zone
Hi.

I have a nokia 7610. Ever since i updated my card at this nokia centre where for Rs. 100 he copy pasted a lot of softwares etc on my phone, it has been VERY slow.

I got the phone formatted at a care centre [i cant make out whether they actually did it or not .. ?].

So now what i want to do is format my 512MB memory card, so that all the crappy softwares themes etc get removed ..

but the thing is that all my messages,contacts are stored on the memory card ..

how do i save them and be able to copy them back after formatting my phone ??

I also want to get a soft copy of all my messages on my computer ... How do i do that ??

Pls advise.

sam_1710

Youngling
Nokia PC suite's default Backup app - Nokia Content copier is the best!! :)

Alternatively google for "sprite backup application" - its a feature rich app which helps u to restore to ur previous state after a format or a firmware upgrade!! 8)

K

krazyfrog

Use a card reader and copy the E:\System:\Mail folder to your pc. Format the card and then copy it back. If you don't have the card reader and would be just formatting the memory card and not the phone memory then do the following. First switch message memory to phone memory from the settings in Messaging. Then copy the above mentioned folder using FExplorer or Smartfileman to anywhere in phone memory (C drive). Then format the memory card. Then copy the mail folder back where it belongs. About the contacts copy them all to the sim card.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Even u can format ur phone memory.

for soft format press *#7370#

& for HARD format switch off ur phone. Then press Green (call receive) button + 3 number button + * button & turn on ur phone.

Plz ensure that u have enough battery power before doing format.
Even it will not ask for ur security code ;-)

K

krazyfrog

^^ Dude *#7370# is not for soft reset but for formatting. For soft reset you have to enter *#7780#

K

krazyfrog

^^ *#7370# does not do soft format. It does hard format similar to the 3-key combination. For soft format you have to press *#7780#

K

krazyfrog

Who cares if its yucky or not as long as it gets the friggin job done!

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
but if i soft/hard format my phone .. wont i lose all the default utilities as well as settings which come with the phone ..

krazyfrog said:
Use a card reader and copy the E:\System:\Mail folder to your pc. Format the card and then copy it back. If you don't have the card reader and would be just formatting the memory card and not the phone memory then do the following. First switch message memory to phone memory from the settings in Messaging. Then copy the above mentioned folder using FExplorer or Smartfileman to anywhere in phone memory (C drive). Then format the memory card. Then copy the mail folder back where it belongs. About the contacts copy them all to the sim card.

simply pasting the messages back, will show them on my phone is it ?

also, no one has replied to

I also want to get a soft copy of all my messages on my computer ... How do i do that ??

Last edited:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
krazyfrog said:
^^ *#7370# does not do soft format. It does hard format similar to the 3-key combination. For soft format you have to press *#7780#
Have u noticed one thing dude ??

Whenever u r formatting by *#7370# it asks for SECURITY CODE & by 3 key combination format it NEVER !!!

dtox

The Techno Perv
are sun.. try oxygen express.. take it from me wen u come down to my flat.. it has message back up feature etc.. for more info and download, click here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom