Nokia Data Cable Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
The CA 53 Genuine Nokia Data Cable Costs around 1500, Is it worth buying it?

Anyone using the cheap china one's that are available for 150-200?
Do they work with Nokia PC Suite?

Pathik

Google Bot
Yup get the duplicate one.. here its 200 bucks.. works good enuf...
just a lower data transfer rate..

OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
Guys, I have two options,
either buy a data duplicate cable cable for 200 or take a bluetooth dongle for the same price?
which one is recommended?

How are the data transfer speed of data cable compared to bluetooth?

Pathik

Google Bot
The data transfer speeds of a cable are much higher than bluetooth..
but if u want wireless connectivity then u shd go for bluetooth..

OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
Hey pathiks, how much is the approx time taken for transfer of 100 Mb file via bluetooth from PC to cell?

I want to go for bluetooth because, I have friends who bought duplicate data cable which did not work at all..

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
See I get 0.5MBps with the data cable...and .15MBps with the bluetooth 2.0 dongle...
Hope that will help you...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^How much time approximation are we talking in terms of real-time tranfer with such speed?

I have tried connecting the Nokia N70 ME's default bundled USB cable & the trasfer rate seemed awfully slow compared to that of a USB memory card reader.Transfering multiple files would slow down the process.Memory card reader is the best option if you are looking out for transfering data directly onto the memory card.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
If u r planning to transfer such a huge file(s).... then please go for Data Cable....

Bluetooth is not a good idea for such a huge transfers.

OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
allwyndlima said:
^How much time approximation are we talking in terms of real-time tranfer with such speed?

I have tried connecting the Nokia N70 ME's default bundled USB cable & the trasfer rate seemed awfully slow compared to that of a USB memory card reader.Transfering multiple files would slow down the process.Memory card reader is the best option if you are looking out for transfering data directly onto the memory card.

Thanks,
Then I will go for Bluetooth for connection via PC Suite and get a card reader..

Any suggestions regarding which brand of bluetooth dongle and Card reader to go for? Which ones are you using?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Get a Enter Bluetooth Dongle (100 Meters)

Card Reader = Techcom internel... ! (Fits in Floppy Drive Slot)

azzu

AJJU
Then I will go for Bluetooth for connection via PC Suite and get a card reader.

thats good idea man i too hav the same combo
btw go for LoCAL made readers and dongle

Pathik

Google Bot
It takes me abt 7-8 min to trnsfer a 320 mb movie to my e50 with my ca-53 cable.. but it is original..
with BT it takes an eternity..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I also suggest you go for a card reader.You can get one at around 150 bucks.It is much faster than data cable & usb dongle.

OP
raptorz

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
Does that enter bluetooth dongle work in Vista. I have heard certain bluetooth dongle's don't work in Vista. Suggest local brands that will surely work in vista..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom