Is Nokia BL-5C battery replacement an fake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

harikatt

In the zone
an hot news got from a tv channel..

that for replacement of battery bl-5c. i have entered my 26digit battery code to know whether it is from the replacement list or not. And i got this message. I feel happy on viewing this message that my nokia 6681 set along with battery is safe.

Product Advisory: Nokia BL-5C battery

Your battery is not among those manufactured by Matsushita between December 2005 and November 2006 and your battery will not be replaced.

Thank you for checking your battery.

www.nokia.com

Later i noticed that even without typing the accuare numbers even with 26 spaces from keyboard it says ..,,, the same message as there is no need to replace.

so is the nokia website is making a fake confirmation for replacing the battery... what are your guys replies for this.....?????

*batteryreplacement.nokia.com/batteryreplacement/en/

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Later i noticed that even without typing the accuare numbers even with 26 spaces from keyboard it says ..,,, the same message as there is no need to replace.

Thats because maybe only when the numbers match with their database, you will get the replacement message.

Many people have the faulty battery, i have seen myself on several mobile shops, but customers say their battery is ok....not overheating during charging.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
nope its not fake
in my frnds circle which is abt 30+ two of my frnds battery comes under this battery issue, first i too thot that its money making scheme by nokia coz i think daily 1 crore ppl are visiting that site to check the battery status...
and one more thing i see that not only japan made batteries but china made batteries are also have the same problem and site gave those battery number to replace...

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
almighty said:
nope its not fake
and one more thing i see that not only japan made batteries but china made batteries are also have the same problem and site gave those battery number to replace...

Are you sure about that ?...cos on tv they said only Japanese one made by matshusita between dec05 to Nov06

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
I think this is fake too, a lot of my pals have bought Nokia phones during the time mentioned and none of their batteries have any issues, Nokia already issues a statement that some tens of thousands of people have seeked Battery Replacement. i dont know who are these people, none from Bangalore / Hyderabad have asked for newer batteries.

To me, this looks like Fake Customer Satisfaction thing.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
yup mate i saw and surprised thats y am saying
may be the data of serial number on site was currupted or may be those serial numbers match with faulty batteries

OP
harikatt

harikatt

In the zone
i would like to say people just go to this nokia site *batteryreplacement.nokia.com/...eplacement/en/

and enter any number or just empty spaces in 26digits the click on sumbit.. then also it says.. no need of replacement..

So an international company with having a long network over all. should it represent like an wrong database ,, as the topic is very hot for blasting of batteries... how can we trust in this way...??

my nokia battery is also.. being very hot during charging.. but on site it says.. no need to replace.... since all the blastings are caused due to overheat problem......what should i do now..?

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
One of my friend has got a battery which was identified by Nokia as faulty. And the nokia priority dealer here said that they will be replacing it with a new one soon, as soon as they get the official confirmation. The question is "when?"

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
harikatt said:
i would like to say people just go to this nokia site *batteryreplacement.nokia.com/...eplacement/en/

and enter any number or just empty spaces in 26digits the click on sumbit.. then also it says.. no need of replacement..

So an international company with having a long network over all. should it represent like an wrong database ,, as the topic is very hot for blasting of batteries... how can we trust in this way...??

my nokia battery is also.. being very hot during charging.. but on site it says.. no need to replace.... since all the blastings are caused due to overheat problem......what should i do now..?

Agreed, it should have output an error/number invalid instead of "no need of replacement.." May be they did it in a Hurry. LOL.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Myself also got the same message. It was purchased during the specified period but made in China. BTW I have seen several BL5C batteries but none made in Japan.

dreamzchm

Web Design Hobbyist
it's not fake. i checked my battery .. and it safe to continue using it but i also checked the battery of my aunt's fone and they provided with a form for providing the address for the replacement to deliver . The same thing happenened to many of friends.It's not fake.

satyamy

Alive Again...
i think its not fake
bcoz yesterday i went nokia priority dealer shop with my frnd
& they replaced the battery

OP
harikatt

harikatt

In the zone
ok fine and very good... i also trust the nokia site... but with this mistake on site... i was disapponted.. lets find out.. what happens to my battery.. its overheating up.. when charging...

OP
harikatt

harikatt

In the zone
but i would like to say.. right now either due to error or some problem the site is not working correctly to check with our 26 digit battery code...

*batteryreplacement.nokia.com/batteryreplacement/en/

mk.786

Right off the assembly line
Its not a fake, my battery turned out to be the one that will require replacement. I have not purchased 2nd hand stuff before . But now I know I should check before buying. Can anyone tell me instead of looking for an address. To begin with , do you'll know whether a replca,emt will be made for 2nd hand or only waranted or how it works. I havent seen the news detailed much on the BL-5C since I never had one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom