Nokia Announces Product Advisory for BL-5C Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
mustang said:
yesterday,I checked my battery serial number on the site,Thank god Im not in that series which is affected.:)
i thot ppl thanked god for being affected!! :D

anyways, i don't think many batteries in india are affected. at least of all the people i've seen not a single claimed replacement. but the brand name sure has taken a hit!

codred

Broken In
me n my dad's batteries are from the time-frame issued by Nokia, we hv filled an online battery replacement form on nokia website & if Nokia is to believed we might be getting a replacement in a month or so.....

comrade

foreign return(0)
finally got a mobile serial that tells its battery needs to be replaced

0670400363563N464723111733

praka123

left this forum longback
so what shud i do.got a bl-5c series that too problematic one.i have registered online and no reply from nokia.what am i supposed to do?i am living in a town where nokia priority dealership not here.so shud they courier me the replacement..btwn sorry for bump coz my batt gets heated up when charging :(

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Register your battery your at Nokia's site.
U'll get a replacement battery within a month by courier along with instructions on how to send the defective battery back.
I received 1st of my 4 defective batteries yesterday.
i had registered them the day the advisory was issued.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i m victim too checked yesterday (VERY VERY BAD MISTAKE)

when would i get my battery replaced?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Even me. I also registered on early next day. 12:05 am. I thought I won't be getting a replacement. Nice to hear that it takes a long time. Atleast, some chances for getting it. Waiting

arunks

Hey here is the aks
i registered the same day when it was aired on television abt battery replacement but still i havnt got any battery replacement but now the status has changed on nokia site for my defected battery... it is sshowing

Code:
[B]Product Advisory: Nokia BL-5C battery[/B]
Battery identification number: 0670400****************47

The battery identification number you gave has already been registered. If you did not register it yourself, please call the Nokia Contact Center nearest to you.
The status of the registered delivery is presented in the table below. If there is no table below, or there are no entries in the table, this indicates that the registration has only recently been done and thus the delivery process has not yet started. In the case of such a new entry you should see the delivery status within
24 hours.

Should you have further questions, please call the Nokia Contact Center nearest to you.

Date    Status
2007-08-24    Serial number added to the system.
2007-08-24    Address information analyze initiated.
2007-08-24    Replacement battery is in delivery.

sauravgr8

Broken In
well ,i have that same BL-5c battery in my nikia 2600 set, andjust 1 month before that fault has been detedcted by nokia ,my battery started working abnormally, but when i cheked it by the procedure given to the nikia site for the faultof my battery it was not within that particulat time period so it has not been replaced, but my prob still persists, what should i do

praka123

left this forum longback
Haaaooo! :p I got my replacement bl-5c via bluedart courier along with a letter and a delivery challan.courier guy left the package this noon and left before i came back from kottayam.
So they DID replaced mine. wow!
now in the accompanying letter they says a warranty for 6 months exists for this replacement battery and in two weeks time they will tell how to resend the faulty battery back.and in delivery challan-they quoted NOT FOR SALE and a value of 720 Rs for this battery :lol:
btwn the address and name is correct while my mobile no is wrong :D
they are really in a hurry!

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
How may of this forum applied for replacement of BL-5C Battery ?? How may of them got their replacement ?? I ask here this question because I applied for replacement on 2nd day of the advisory of NOKIA. I have to received 2 nos of replacemnet, but till date I have not received the replacement.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
I think they maintaining Alphabetical order for dispatch. Because one of my friend got replacement after 9/10 days. His name starts with A (Alok). Your name starts with P, You also got. Myself with S have to wait.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
skghosh44 said:
I think they maintaining Alphabetical order for dispatch. Because one of my friend got replacement after 9/10 days. His name starts with A (Alok). Your name starts with P, You also got. Myself with S have to wait.
Well, I don't agree with you.
My name starts with G.
I've registered 4 batteries. Out of which, I have received only 2, and that too with about 2 weeks time gap between both.
I got my first battery after almost 3 weeks of registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom