Nokia 7610 and 1GiG RS-MMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
I am planning to buy a 1GB MMC card for my 7610. Does 7610 support 1GB cards?? And will it work without any problems??
Thanx.

K

krazyfrog

Should've bought 2gb. You would've got more bang for your buck.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
other than N and E series, symbian os9 and some latest series 40 phone all other nokia phones cannot handle more 512 Mb card very will, your phone will become slow as more data is added, you can check this by using 128,256,512 and 1Gb card, check the speed of the phone with each card. you can know your self.

Last edited:
OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
abhasbajpai said:
other than N and E series, symbian os9 and some latest series 40 phone all other nokia phones cannot handle more 512 Mb card very will, your phone will become slow as more data is added, you can check this by using 128,256,512 and 1Gb card, check the speed of the phone with each card. you can know your self.

Already have 600Mb of data, its working fine as before, No slowing down or hanging etc...

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
REY619 said:
Already have 600Mb of data, its working fine as before, No slowing down or hanging etc...
you are lucky then ...................................
BTW have you tried to compare the speeds with 128 Mb and 1 Gb card
compare them with using resource consuming applications like gallery etc, and then post the results

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Now the card is almost full, only 40MB left... And no hangings, restarts or slow speeds till now. Infact the 128MB card that came bundled with the phone was slower than the 1GB one...

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i agree with abhasbajpai i hv a 5300 and it has really slowed down after a month coz i had almost filled it up with 1.7gb of media now it's working just fine with abt 1gb data in it but hangs a bit.

rey i suggest u not to buy the 2gb card and try and keep atleast 100mb in this one free.

first it did not support s60 apps(that wasn't a prob if my music playback was smooth) but now it hangs and today the player stopped responding between a track and the player restarted itself

sometimes i can't open the gallery and also shutdown the phone,change the theme:mad: i'm really thinking of selling the phone also nokia has better re-sale value

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
@EDGE yes i wont buy 2GB card, i will cope with 1GB :D... Also i would suggest you to get a series 60 phone... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom