No sound from the monitor

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello,
I purchased a dell monitor S2240L after some members from this forum said its good. I have been using it for past 8 months or so by connecting it to my GPU Asus HD 7790(another nice suggestion from here) and getting sound via headphone by connecting it to the audio port on the back of the monitor. But for some days, I am unable to get sound from there and forced use the audio port on the front of the CPU. Even the AMD high definition audio option grayed out the playback devices and the VIA high definition audio is working. I also went to the audio setting in the catalyst center and it says- your display does not support audio. I called the dell customer care after getting their number after a long search and express code problem which I did not have anywhere but managed to get through. They suggested me to change the cable, check audio settings in GPU, uninstall and reinstall GPU drivers, use external speakers and also use another display by connecting it with another laptop or system. I have done everything except trying another system. I think the audio port is dead or faulty in the monitor. Is there any way to know? Because they are saying you have to be absolutely sure before claiming the warranty.Please help. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom