No Smart phone satisfies me PLEASE help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icekid

Broken In
Budget first Rs 15000, I am little flexible to go little up. Currently I have a Nokia 6300 and a iPOD iTouch 2gen.

Smart phones confuse me a lot.

I would love to go to andriod phones but only afforable in market is Samsung Galaxy which sucks big time.
HTC has some awesome andriod phones but they are all about Rs20000

Coming to Nokia E-Series again very confusing the choices I have are E-63, E-71, E-72. I feel the cheapest E-63 is same as others but few short comings like 3g only 386kbps.
My Mind is open on Nokia anyother suggestion.

Blackberry: The only under my budget is BlackBerry Curve 8520 but it doesn't has 3G but has wifi though.

Iphone is too costly that is Rs49000 plus it's not good for India weather I guess I mean with sweat and stuff.

Windows Phone. I rather stay away but if someone enlighten me I may change my mind.

Samsung's Samsung B5310Corby Pro interests me.

I like QWERTY but I am ok with touch too. Or anything will do if you convince me really well.

Also I want to know what's the difference between capacitive and resistative touch technologies advantages and disadvantages. And also want to know what itouch/iphone touch technology is based on because I had put COLD LAMINATION for my ipod touch screen and it works very well. So whatever phone I will be buying I will be putting cold lamination on it screen to protect it.

I want to use the phone to text, email, social networking(twitter & facebook) occasionally music. I don't care much about camera or external speaker or multimedia purpose. I have a Canon A590IS and iPOD touch for those purposes.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
iphone/ipod touch is capacitive the best touch phone/pmp ever.. Resistive sucks big time it is only good if you want to use it with a stylus... don't get a symbian phone they are boring after using the iPod touch you will call it crap.. get a windows or an android phone

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124751

get any one of those they are cool...

I dunno what's the exact definition, but I can give you examples

Samsung StarTouch/Corby, iPhone have capacitive touch. (CT)

HTC p3300, Nokia 5800 (or all nokia touchscreen phones) have resistive touch screen. (RT)

Basically, RT is used when a lot of the gestures rely on hard input, eg. stylus, picks, etc. CT is for a pure touchscreen phone, like the iPhone, iPod Touch, Corby etc. You dont need a stylus to us these phones, as your fingers are enough to use it smoothly.

As you already have CT experience, it's like going back to ancient times if you want to go for RT. So my advice is DONT go for RT in anyway. Also DONT go for any nokia touchscreen phone (with symbian) or any phone with WinMo6.5 downwards. If you want a windows phone, I suggest you wait for WinMo7's release (by April/May afaik) Your current phone/pmp should definitely last till then.

If you still want a phone though, it's best you wait for more posts, coz I'm all out :D

PS. RT and CT are just my abbreviations, not the standard ones, dont use them to specify resistive/capacitive touch outside this thread ;)

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
iphone/ipod touch is capacitive the best touch phone/pmp ever.. Resistive sucks big time it is only good if you want to use it with a stylus
I know the more I use my iTouch more I feel that I should buy a iPhone but I can't afford 49,000Rs. I used my bro's E71 it felt like a down grade but I didn't hate symbian.

Samsung StarTouch/Corby
Has no 3g or wifi. So I am not into.

As you already have CT experience, it's like going back to ancient times if you want to go for RT.
Thank you for enlightening me with CT and RT. Well then I am going only for capacitive touch (CT lol).

I am not a big fan Windows Mobile but I keep my mind open. So you say it's best for me to wait.

Guys don't you think Samsung B5310Corby Pro suites me well??

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Wait for SE Xperia X10 mini. It will be of 15k and will have Android. *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10_mini-3125.php

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Wait for SE Xperia X10 mini. It will be of 15k and will have Android. *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10_mini-3125.php
Wait for how long :p
and how could you estimate the price,I doubt SE would be releasing it at that price looking at their current pricing on other models.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
X10 Mini is still far far away from release. For 15k, I would go for E71 for business use or i5700 Spica + good headset for multimedia use.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Samsung i5700 is fine as I see that Android OS v2.1 Eclair upgrade is out for it.
Wait for how long :p
and how could you estimate the price,I doubt SE would be releasing it at that price looking at their current pricing on other models.
X10 will be out in the first week of May and for sure it will be 15k.

Current pricing on other models? hmm, Yari is 11k now, Aino is 17k and W995 is 18.5k. Heck, the flagship Satio is hardly 26k now.

Considering this, I'm pretty sure it will be of 15k - street price.

Last edited:
OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
Then why not try Samsung Galaxy Spica aka i5700
Capacitive
3G
Wifi

Is Samsung Galaxy Spica the better version of Samsung Galaxy I7500?? *www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i7500_galaxy-2791.php

I have heard some bad reviews from my friends about Galaxy I7500

Is it available in India?? The phone looks to good to be true

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Is Samsung Galaxy Spica the better version of Samsung Galaxy I7500?? *www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i7500_galaxy-2791.php

I have heard some bad reviews from my friends about Galaxy I7500

Is it available in India?? The phone looks to good to be true

Yep it's the better version of Galaxy with a 800Mhz processor and a few downgrades like TFT screen,3.2 MP cam no flash,reduced internal memory to 180MB which were AMOLED,5MP with flash, 8GB internal memory in the earlier galaxy i7500.
And yes i5700 is the only android phone that supports divx and xvid natively.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Yes it is available in India @ 12k

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Donno why I7500 has some bad rumours in Market. That infact is a great value for money phone @14k the only grouse being the 528MHz processor while i5700 has 800MHz one. That said I7500 is not laggy at all. Many of it's glitches lie in android 1.5 and not in the hardware. So an upgrade to 1.6 or 2.x should make it better.
But IMHO i5700 is superbly priced for the amount of features given.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Refer this thread for more info on i5700
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124751

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
Oh. Yeah there are some confusing details on tattoo on indian mobile stores sites. I guess No tattoo.

See how confused I am about smart phones LOL.

How about BlackBerry Curve 8520 ? It doesn't has 3G but has wifi.

Finally Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica came to unvercell.

I compared them in Univercell besides cam, galaxy has AMOLED screen and spica has TFT. Both are capacitive, Galaxy's 3G is HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps, Spica's 3G is HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps. Besides this I don't find any difference between them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom