No Power In Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
No power in cpu !
my pc was restarting at its own from few days
but today it didnt even started.
is this possible due to failure of some power cables or some other hardware component?
P4 2.66 GhZ
512 MB RAM
Geforce 5200

MenTaLLyMenTaL

Broken In
a local 400w smps costs 500rs but get a good one if u have plans of upgrading ur gfx card.
I believe for moderate graphics cards, powersafe 500w should be enough which is for 1750rs. For high end cards i dunno much.

Problem was solved earlier by replacing SMPS with new one & pc worked fine for few days with this new SMPS but the problem now seems to be coming back. My computer is again restarting at its own !! Plz suggest.

moshel

Padawan
is ur computer directly plugged in a power socket or is are u using a spike guard or UPS?

check those..

mrintech

Technomancer
Clean RAM Slots yourself or call any technician. For this you have to open your CPU Cabinet.

If you are not sure about anything, than don't open CPU Cabinet

Done! I called technician, he also suggested to clean ram slots, bt problem is still thr. I had even called him again but he is not able to locate the problem. Thrz no problem with ups as i checked by using another ups. Any help? Thanx in advance !

arupch

Tech Addict
Checked smps? are the fans or indicators coming on when starting the machine?

BTW how r u running vista ultimate with 512MB RAM?

mrintech

Technomancer
Done! I called technician, he also suggested to clean ram slots, bt problem is still thr. I had even called him again but he is not able to locate the problem. Thrz no problem with ups as i checked by using another ups. Any help? Thanx in advance !
dude first of all ask some reliable technician as they will force you to buy new mobo. Ask him to operate the PC using some new mobo, if this is successful than your mobo is gone and it's time to get new one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom