No POST No Beep Mother board Getting Hot

billamama

In the zone
TA790GXE 128 M.jpg

TA790GXE-128M
whenever I switch on the system, only PSU fan and CPU fan starts, No beep no POST nothing at all (even if I remove all ram sticks, no beep), only the red circled chip gets super hot and the area marked in yellow (other side of the mobo/ bottom).
Solution Please!
other components :
Corsair vs 450
Phenom II X4 810
3 x 4gb ddr2 ram
gt 710

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
View attachment 21171
TA790GXE-128M
whenever I switch on the system, only PSU fan and CPU fan starts, No beep no POST nothing at all (even if I remove all ram sticks, no beep), only the red circled chip gets super hot and the area marked in yellow (other side of the mobo/ bottom).
Solution Please!
other components :
Corsair vs 450
Phenom II X4 810
3 x 4gb ddr2 ram
gt 710

That chip is dead. Maybe get a new mobo or replace the chip.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
OK, What do you call it ? (the mentioned Chip)
----edit:- I mistook MOSFET for inductor due to zoomed out picture, ignore below----
Actually it is not a chip, it is a inductor coil, very tiny, smd version. Can be repaired if you find a guy skillfull enough as it is very common issue in Macbooks also...

This is responsible for power distribution of mobo, to keep constant voltage in case of current increase or decrease.

Mostly, the insulation in the coil melts hence shorting it and resulting in heating.

If possible take a closer shot of the component with the text printed on it clearly visible, maybe I will be able to find the exact thing...

Last edited:
OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Actually it is not a chip, it is a inductor coil, very tiny, smd version. Can be repaired if you find a guy skillfull enough as it is very common issue in Macbooks also...

This is responsible for power distribution of mobo, to keep constant voltage in case of current increase or decrease.

Mostly, the insulation in the coil melts hence shorting it and resulting in heating.

If possible take a closer shot of the component with the text printed on it clearly visible, maybe I will be able to find the exact thing...
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-04 at 8.10.41 PM.jpeg

red dot

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

No, that is not inductor, that is MOSFET or big bro of transistor. This is a pretty common one, again easily replaceable. These usually don't go bad so early, especially these arrow branded ones last atleast 10 years even during high usage.

Get it changed, dont pay high amount as the MOSFET costs 50rs( 20/piece If bought in bulk) so labour costs must not be that high, considering he need to do chip level repair. Ask the guy to also do a regular board checkup, as maybe due to some other fault such as fluctuation from psu this got damaged.

PS:- inductor coils are actually those big boxes at side with labelling like R50.

Screenshot_2021-12-04-21-00-22-31.png

These are also inductors used and in previous pic it looked similar to this.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
No, that is not an inductor, that is MOSFET or big bro of the transistor. This is a pretty common one, again easily replaceable. These usually don't go bad so early, especially these arrow branded ones last at least 10 years even during high usage.

Get it changed, don't pay a high amount as the MOSFET costs 50rs( 20/piece If bought in bulk) so labour costs must not be that high, considering he needs to do chip level repair. Ask the guy to also do a regular board checkup, as may be due to some other fault such as fluctuation from PSU this got damaged.

PS:- inductor coils are actually those big boxes at side with labelling like R50.

View attachment 21175

These are also inductors used and in the previous pic, it looked similar to this.
Thank you very much for the advice and solution, then I will get the PSU & GPU checked along with MOBO...Thank You once again :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you very much for the advice and solution, then I will get the PSU & GPU checked along with MOBO...Thank You once again :)

very informative thread. Curious to know did you get the motherboard repaired ? How much it cost you ?

Top Bottom