Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I am on dial-up, Win XP Pro SP2. I face a strange problem with my net connection. I connect by dialing to my ISP, the connection is established soon but I will not be able to open any sites!!. I mean ZoneAlarm shows no traffic at all. This happens once in a couple of months and everytime it happens I am left with no choice but to reinstall XP!
When this problem occured this time I tried to understand it by disabling ZoneAlarm, Spybot S&D, MS Antispyware and connecting to net, but no use I get connected but there is no traffic at all. I checked all the settings of my browsers, Internet options, firewall and anti spyware softwares... all are fine. Next I assumed this to be XP prob and installed XP freshly on another drive and now when I connect to net there is traffic and I am able to browse net without any prob whatsoever!!
Kindly let me know how I could solve this prob ?

OP
jamesbond007

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Nope it cannot be because of any anti virus or firewall or anti spyware, I checked and checked them even uninstalled and checked these. It must be some settings getting changed in XP !!

Techmastro

Journeyman
Same think happened to me long ago.
Could not find its solution so reinstall as you did.
But when this happen again i tried Hijackthis (got it from digit DVD) runs it & fix my problem.
I think the problem may be due to some torjans etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom