No Man’s Sky: A Vast Game Crafted by Algorithms

abhidev

Human Spambot
Sean Murray, one of the creators of the computer game No Man’s Sky, can’t guarantee that the virtual universe he is building is infinite, but he’s certain that, if it isn’t, nobody will ever find out. “If you were to visit one virtual planet every second,” he says, “then our own sun will have died before you’d have seen them all.”

No Man’s Sky is a video game quite unlike any other. Developed for Sony’s PlayStation 4 by an improbably small team (the original four-person crew has grown only to 10 in recent months) at Hello Games, an independent studio in the south of England, it’s a game that presents a traversable universe in which every rock, flower, tree, creature, and planet has been “procedurally generated” to create a vast and diverse play area.

“We are attempting to do things that haven’t been done before,” says Murray. “No game has made it possible to fly down to a planet, and for it to be planet-sized, and feature life, ecology, lakes, caves, waterfalls, and canyons, then seamlessly fly up through the stratosphere and take to space again. It’s a tremendous challenge.”

[YOUTUBE]nLtmEjqzg7M[/YOUTUBE]

Full preview

anaklusmos

Youngling
Its seems so ambitious, I just hope it does not disappoint.
If realized fully, it will truly blow everything else away.

Adarsh_Gujurati

Right off the assembly line
I am sorry for bumping a really old post.

Sean Murray is one of the nicest Game Devs I have ever seen, the game is BIG, like so big that they had to program scout bots to make explorers in No Man's Sky's Universe that will make gifs and the devs will cherry pick the ones they like and show it to the audience.
This certainly needs to be hyped.

Top Bottom