No display :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikz

Broken In
Please check your existing bios version first. Boot up with your on-board graphics and on the boot screen, hit the pause button and you will see the Award Bios details on top of the screen with the version mentioned. Alternatively, boot into Windows and use CPU-Z to check your Bios version under the Mainboard tab.

There is a version F6 and version F7 bios available for version 1.5 of the motherboard - GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41MT-S2 (rev. 1.5)

vikz

Broken In
Then you are out of luck :( You'll either have to get a PCIE 2.0 motherboard for the new PCIE 2.1 graphics card that you're planning to buy or just buy a PCIE 2.0 card

vikz

Broken In
PCIE 2.0 is backward compatible with PCIE 1.1 and 1.0, so it should work without a problem, but will run in PCIE 1.1 mode. I ran a HD5770 which is PCIE 2.0 on a PCIE 1.1 board and I had no problems.

Any chance you can return the board and get a PCIE 2.0 board? If you're buying the new graphics card from the same vendor, maybe you can return the board, pay the difference and get a new graphics card. If this works out, pick up this board - Biostar TP43E Combo Motherboard - TP43E Combo by: Biostar -

One of the very few P43 chipsets still available in India. Supports 8 GB DDR2 and 4 GB DDR3 (not at the same time) and has a PCIE 2.0 slot. Price is pretty good too.

Other option is to buy a second hand G43, G45, P43, P45 chipset board if you can find one.

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
I dont know if he will ever take the mobo back but I can sell this motherboard in some tech forum that wont be such issue. before buying i did asked about two P43 boards Asus P5P43TD and P5P43T which he said will be priced 5500 or 6000 approxx dont remember correctly but wasnt available at that time, so i had to take it this motherboard for which i am cursing myself now...

Or i can buy a graphics card which is 2.0 express.. can i ?

vikz

Broken In
I've been looking for those two boards Asus P5P43TD and P5P43T everywhere, but haven't been able to find them. Those are fantastic enthusiast boards for LGA775 processors. If you do speak to your dealer, can you check if he has them in stock. If he does, please send me a PM.

Looks like you have two options:
1. Buy either of those boards. They will work fine with a PCIE express 2.1 graphics card.
2. Buy a PCIE express 2.0 graphics card which will work with your current G41 board.

OP
S

Skillz

Broken In
hmm.. i think i will go for whole motherboard change again.. i might do little bit of overclocking too so p43 will be much better then g41..

i will talk with the dealer tomorrow or day after tomorrow and see what he have to say, till then i will keep my fingers crossed.. :)
will pm you for sure....

Thanx a lot to everyone who gave their valuable advices and comments...

P.S - Mods please close this thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
then take the board & GPU to the dealer and have it tested too.

closing the thread. if you want it open again, PM me or any other mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom