No display in Gaming Rig...SOS

siddh_iitk06

Right off the assembly line
Hello Friends.My Configuration was Asus M3N78EM motherboard,phenom X4 9650, XFX GTS 250, Gigabyte 450W PSU.It worked quite well for some time but afterwards i got a problem of no display while booting.The problem was random.In 10-15 tries of restarting i usually got Display in monitor.Firstly i thought it is Motherboard or processor problem so I got them changed to an INTEL Motherboard(do not remember model) and Intel Core i5 processor.It worked quite well till yesterday when I installed a cooler master cabinet Fan.A 2 watt fan should not overload the PSU i think:shock: .Please Help guys as you are experts and my childhood heroes(Digit Gaming Rig Reviewers:lol:)

Summary Problem:No display when i turn my system ON

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. Check whether you have connector 12V 8-pin EPS/ATX connector into the motherboard or not.
2. Reset RAM.
3. Use display of the motherboard instead of using the display of graphics card for testing.
4. Reset BIOS.
5. Try to start your PC.

OP
S

siddh_iitk06

1. Check whether you have connector 12V 8-pin EPS/ATX connector into the motherboard or not.
2. Reset RAM.
3. Use display of the motherboard instead of using the display of graphics card for testing.
4. Reset BIOS.
5. Try to start your PC.

Buddy after following step 3, display was there but then windows was unable to recover kinda thingy and now it is giving black screen after windows loads...............................:cry:
And please do not tell me that my card is faulty.........:cry:
It works perfectly fine sometimes so how could it be faulty????
Is my PSU sufficient(450W)?
Where could I search for loose connections?
Please help........

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Well?
Try to run Win 7 in safe mode after following Step 3 and post the result.
If it runs, then it is good. Otherwise the error message is about 'recovery', then, well... post the exact error message.

OP
S

siddh_iitk06

2. Reset RAM.
4. Reset BIOS.
5. Try to start your PC.

buddy even in safe made now it is giving black screen:shock::pullhair: after windows loads.BUT I CAN SEE CURSOR.it moves also but everything else is pitch black.I waited for half an hour and nothing came out of it.I had attempted system restore in safe mode when it happened

Top Bottom