No Display after Windows OS Load ! Very Strange Problem ! Please Help .....

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello Friends & Experts,

Hopefully I'm posting in the Right Section, As the title suggest my said display can't able to maintain picture after (Only) windows boot up.

Here is the my desktop Config :-

i3 3220
Giga B75-D3H
8 GB Ripjaws
1 TB Seagate + 500 GB WD Green
Cooler Master 600W

Please note there no additional GPU installed here.

Display I'm trying to connect is Samsung C550 Series LCD TV with HDMI connection. The strange part is whenever I connect above mentioned config via HDMI cable with dedicated HDMI slot for PC (At the back of the TV), I can see Gigabyte BIOS screen -> Then Windows Logo as 'Starting Windows' -> Done...Now the screen goes blank & no Login Windows and the TV Shows 'check signal cable'.

But now if I disconnect the TV cable and put my monitor (DELL ST2220) in it via HDMI (or any other display...hooked up another Samsung TV and it is fine too) of the motherboard.... everything is fine. Desktop is ready & waiting for Password input.

Similarly that 4 year OLD LCD TV (mentioned HDMI port / cable) also fine with my AMD netbook which is running Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit and other device such as STB / Media Player etc etc.

IT seems the TV only not able to handle /process signal when it is coming from Desktop Computer after Windows 7 boot up.

Please expert I seek your opinion...Help me out.

N.B: It's very general config running past 1+ year with mentioned display.

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Are you running the latest graphics drivers? You should download them from the Intel website. I'm guessing it could be an incorrect resolution or refresh rate. Usually it should auto detect, but it might not if you aren't using the recommended drivers.

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Are you running the latest graphics drivers? You should download them from the Intel website. I'm guessing it could be an incorrect resolution or refresh rate. Usually it should auto detect, but it might not if you aren't using the recommended drivers.

It is a Gigabyte motherboard, I don't think intel may not provide the latest graphics driver from their website.
Yes auto detect system is gone or turn off somehow... Earlier tried with VGA port where Dell Monitor is the primary display and above mentioned TV as Extended Display, but you are right it didn't detect.

Is it possible there is a chance of this, As I earlier caliber the DELL monitor with my Desktop - Is it result of this ?

Can I delete the caliber setting ?

- - - Updated - - -

Upgraded to latest version of the VGA driver provided on the Gigabit Website's Support page & choose Sandy Bridge one as I find i3 3220 is the same, nothing happened...same old.

Able to delete calibre thing and revert back to system default and nothing.

Last edited:

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
It is a Gigabyte motherboard, I don't think intel may not provide the latest graphics driver from their website.
Yes auto detect system is gone or turn off somehow... Earlier tried with VGA port where Dell Monitor is the primary display and above mentioned TV as Extended Display, but you are right it didn't detect.

Is it possible there is a chance of this, As I earlier caliber the DELL monitor with my Desktop - Is it result of this ?

Can I delete the caliber setting ?

From my experience, your system won't auto detect settings for VGA connections. It usually does it for DVI, HDMI and Display Port connections.

Even though your motherboard is from Gigabyte, the graphics adapter used by your system is Intel. All Intel processors these days come with an on chip graphics adapter (your graphics adapter is a part of your processor). I believe your processor uses Intel HD Graphics 2500. You will find the latest drivers on the Intel website.

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello piyush2202

Upgraded to latest version (dated 25/11/2013) of the VGA driver provided on the Gigabit Website's Support page & choose Sandy Bridge one as I find i3 3220 is the same, nothing happened...same old.

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Hello piyush2202

Upgraded to latest version (dated 25/11/2013) of the VGA driver provided on the Gigabit Website's Support page & choose Sandy Bridge one as I find i3 3220 is the same, nothing happened...same old.

I would still recommend you visit the Intel website and download drivers for Intel HD Graphics 2500. November 2013 is an old driver.

Your calibration settings have nothing to do with resolution and refresh rate.

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I would still recommend you visit the Intel website and download drivers for Intel HD Graphics 2500. November 2013 is an old driver.

Your calibration settings have nothing to do with resolution and refresh rate.

Here I found from the Intel Website....Is it the Right One ?

Capture.PNG

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Ohhh....I thought this one applicable for me

*downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3319&ProdId=3319

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Try downloading the one which I gave you a link for and then see what happens. I think that's your issue. Let me know how it works out.

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Try downloading the one which I gave you a link for and then see what happens. I think that's your issue. Let me know how it works out.

Hello piyush2202, First....Thanks for replying my queries patiently and wish to solve my problems.

Download the latest version of Intel Graphics driver as you provided the link which is 21/05/2014 and the file size 138 MB version 15.33.22 etc.

Yes sure it is with new interface and everything...but problem still persists

So here I'm going to post some screens to understand the situation better.

1.My DELL monitor connecting via VGA port - Working Fine - Cool

*i.imgur.com/7YB9oFf.png

2. Now The Working another Samsung Television (Testing Purpose) connecting via HDMI port. - Working Fine - Cool Cool

*i.imgur.com/MmPj7sG.png

3. Now Both my Dell Monitor (VGA) and working Samsung Television (HDMI) both connected as extended mode - Again Working Fine... Cool Cool Cool

*i.imgur.com/xNbBOY9.png

4. Now my Dell Monitor (VGA) and my one and only Samsung Television (HDMI) connected and it shows Intel WIDI....
What is the WIDI ?????

*i.imgur.com/EvAiPvw.png

As well no display on the TV :-x :-x

Why my television didn't detected ?

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Sorry for the late reply. WiDi is Intel Wireless Display technology. That's weird..... Do you have an option of selecting something other than Intel WiDi?

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for the late reply. WiDi is Intel Wireless Display technology. That's weird..... Do you have an option of selecting something other than Intel WiDi?

Nope there is nothing and this thing only appears when I connected my desired TV.

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Assuming the other TV you tried is working fine, I guess there's an issue with your current Samsung TV. Does your TV have any settings for disabling Intel WiDi? Or else, something to do with the HDMI settings?

OP
dissel

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Assuming the other TV you tried is working fine, I guess there's an issue with your current Samsung TV. Does your TV have any settings for disabling Intel WiDi? Or else, something to do with the HDMI settings?

Yes....the other TV is just working fine, but not my TV. There is no other or special setting required for the dedicated HDMI port (for PC), only need the naming like 'PC' or 'DVI PC' etc which is there since the day 1 (which is 4 years ago).

I tried many different cable of the same port they are all working fine with my Netbook (Win7 64 Home Basic ) but not my Desktop (Win7 64 Ultimate).

The only thing I forget to mentioned earlier that; The TV which working fine with 720p resolution where mine is 1080p one and both from Sammy.

Here how and when it is happening - This video will clear the situation and provide the idea

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm sure that problem only exisits in Windows OS, Now I' running Ubuntu 14.04 - 1 LTS from my second Hard Drive which is WD Green 500GB and I can extend or mirror what ever I like.

Thank God..... My TV - HDMI Port - HDMI cables as well my HDMI port of the mobo all are in good & working condition. My dektop is just 1 year old build.

All BS crap are lying at M$ software. Here is the proof

*i.imgur.com/w4dsbZL.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow Ubuntu detected it as

*i.imgur.com/YTWxQJl.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom