Status
Not open for further replies.

kreigsmarine

Broken In
Hi
I recently purchased the game nfs most wanted.The problem is ,the game doesnt run very smoothly on my comp.I've got a p4 2.8 ghz processor,512mbram,and a intel d101ggc motherboard.Is my pc configuration the cause of the game not running smoothly?WIll increasin the ram to 1gb help?

champ_rock

champ_rock
well ram increase will always improve the performance..

otherwise you need a graphics card... once thats in place then ur game will rock..

also, try to turn off some visual effects.. :)... it will work

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
The IGP is too underpowered to rum NFS mostwanted at mid settings...so just lower the setting and u will get better frame rates..
But if u want to play games at high settings with good frame rates u will have to get a new gfx card...........

OP
K

kreigsmarine

Broken In
when i checked my sys config using dxdiag,it said i had a ati radeon 2000 series onboard card.Now,xcuse my ignorance here,but shudnt a 256 mb card be gud enuf,even though its an onboard one?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah its a weird case. Try updating the graphic drivers perhaps? Even an 845 pulls it off smooth (w/o goodies...)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Hey wait, "Doesnt run smoothly" as in? Do loading times take long or does the game lag? If its the Loading time, then no worries, thats normal...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. if ur onboard has a shared mem. of 256 MB .. then ur system ram should be 256 MB too ( if u have a total of 512 MB ram) ... so u really cant expect the game to run anywhere close to smooth at all ...

Also .. onboard solutions are really not good enough .. why do u think do we use add-on gpu's ???? Simply because putting in more onboard solutions puts additional tasks on the cpu .. and introduces loads of latency ....

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
kreigsmarine said:
Now,xcuse my ignorance here,but shudnt a 256 mb card be gud enuf,even though its an onboard one?
Who said anything about your onboard graphics having 256 MB? 256 MB is just the memory that is taken from your system by the onboard graphics. You can increase it to 2 GB and it still won't have any effect unless the graphics core is powerful enough.
Even in a dedicated video card, the core speed matters much more than the amount of memory present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom