NewsGator strikes off the price tag on its entire family of RSS clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
NewsGator strikes off the price tag on its entire family of RSS clients
Posted Jan. 9, ’08, 11:23 AM PT by Aayush Arya

Big news today. NewsGator announced in a blog post and a subsequent press release that it is bringing the price of its entire range of RSS client applications to $0.00. Yes, as unbelievable as that sounds, it is indeed true. NewsGator Inbox, FeedDemon, NetNewsWire, NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile, NewsGator Go! for BlackBerry/Java, iPhone and HTML mobile applications and NewsGator Online are now all free of cost. Free as in free beer. No advertisements or any other sort of catch is attached.

*www.macuser.com/2008/01/09/NewsGator%20makes%20everything%20free.jpg​

This does not mean, however, that they’re stopping development on the products or leaving software development and going on a spiritual trip around the world. All of the products impacted are going to remain in active development and won’t be seeing any change at all except that you’ll now be able to obtain them without whipping out that credit card. NewsGator has promised to refund the money of all those people who bought any of these applications on or after 9 December 2007. They will also honor their contract of one year of unlimited support for all those customers who bought the application within the last one year. Read more...

[Via MacUser]

The important news for all of you is that FeedDemon is free now. Enjoy! :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Wow, I didn't know you posted this here too :)

THe best thing is, the feeds get synced with the online version, so you can read only the new ones if accessed via the online version.

Who wants to use Google Reader now :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I do. Though I really, really want this syncing feature, I just cannot stand NewsGator online's interface. It's very poorly designed. They only had Windows users in mind when they designed it.

I hope someone comes up with an RSS client or some existing RSS client adds the ability to sync with Google Reader. That would be a blessing. :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well, to be frank, I find the interface of *any* we based RSS reader to be unbearable. NewsGator's too. However, there is really nothing you can do when you are away. Atleast this lets me *read* them :p

For Syncing with Google Reader, I think one would need an API ?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I always needed a reader with the ability to get only text in the feeds yet all teh other features. While i had installed Feed demon once I abandoned it coz it was paid stuff, consdiering that I prefer freeware and do not purchase any software unless tehre is absolutely no viable alternative (Only case being that I paid for Win XP)

Now that it is free I thought it should be tried again. To my pleasant surprise I found that i can go in text only mode in Feed Demon. This is my RSS reader vows sorted finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom