-Bluetooth
-8 Megapixel camera with 1080p video recording
-Secondary VGA camera

(Source -> Tech2)

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
i said "almost" :D
ram is slightly less only. screen.. no doubt sgsII is far ahead.
But gpu and performace wise, with current market drivers its only competitive with tegra 2, and should be beaten by SGX543. Adreno 220 is far ahead of both.. imo.
Unless the drivers are properly coded, SGSII will get beaten in benchmarks by this one.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ It will be officially announced. The phone cant come to retail so fast. Its still a rumoured device. It will take atleast a month and a half, or may be 2 to launch.

Yeah sorry about that... Adreno 220 actually is on par with nVidia Tegra 2. 88MT/s on Adreno220 to 90MT/s on Tegra 2.
I had hoped Adreno 220 to be a lil more faster actually, considering the high performance jump of Adreno 205 over Adreno 200. Anyways, lets wait for benchmarks.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
No adreno 220 is not the most powerful gpu. Some, more powerful gpu based soc's are available

Which are those and on which phones are they available?

Also hows the gpu of Nexus S compared to that of HTC Incredible S, SE ARC and SGS+ ?

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
Well, for one, the PowerVR SGC543MP2/MP4 crush the Adreno 220 and if comparing the processor, any Cortex A9 (Especially the one in OMAP 4) based SoC would beat the Dual Core Scorpion at the same clock rates,

But still, the MSM8660 looks lika a pretty solid SoC. Lets hope its battery life is as good.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Well hold on your conclusions guys... Adreno 220 with the same proc running at 1.5 GHz beats everything else quite comfortably. Its a downclocked version, but that doesnt mean its gonna be crushed by OMAP 4. Lets wait for the release and actual benchies. I think its gonna beat tegra 2 quite handsomely and be on par with OMAP4 with SGX543(2 cores).

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
^^ Well hold on your conclusions guys... Adreno 220 with the same proc running at 1.5 GHz beats everything else quite comfortably. Its a downclocked version, but that doesnt mean its gonna be crushed by OMAP 4. Lets wait for the release and actual benchies. I think its gonna beat tegra 2 quite handsomely and be on par with OMAP4 with SGX543(2 cores).
It is faster than Tegra 2 and OMAP4 but gets beaten by the 543MP2 and remember this is the 1.5Ghz one, not the 1.2Ghz MSM8660 which will be used in phones.
Go and check anandtech for benchmarks of the SGX543MP2 and the Adreno 220

And first clear your doubts. the Qualcomm MSM8660 does NOT use the same processor as the Exynos 4210/OMAP4 and Tegra 2. It uses a an even more tweaked dual-core version of the 45nm Snapdragon used in the Incredible S and where did you read anything about a downclocked Adreno 220 ?

Benches have been here for a long time, you need to search for them. they wont come to you.

Soumik

Padawan
It is faster than Tegra 2 and OMAP4 but gets beaten by the 543MP2 and remember this is the 1.5Ghz one, not the 1.2Ghz MSM8660 which will be used in phones.
Go and check anandtech for benchmarks of the SGX543MP2 and the Adreno 220

And first clear your doubts. the Qualcomm MSM8660 does NOT use the same processor as the Exynos 4210/OMAP4 and Tegra 2. It uses a an even more tweaked dual-core version of the 45nm Snapdragon used in the Incredible S and where did you read anything about a downclocked Adreno 220 ?

Benches have been here for a long time, you need to search for them. they wont come to you.
I guess u got me wrong, i meant downclocked version of the chipset (proc to be specific). The GPU is not separate, but part of it rite? :)
You are saying benchies were there since a long time... man not a single real world device other than iPad2 is out for either chipsets :p. Sorry if i cannot search properly, but i couldnt find any direct comparision between the 2 of them. In anandtech, the common benchie for them was the GLBenchmark2.0, and there also, in Egypt Adreno is slower, while in Pro it is faster. So, you cannot decide which is faster by just that.
BTW, MSM8660 is not tweaked version of MSM8255. If you say so, all the procs you mentioned are similar to these two, because all follow modified ARMv7 instruction set/architecture. MSM8660 is a 3rd gen Snapdragon, with (i may be wrong here...) better dual core usage logic than the other procs so far AFIK.
This phone will probably not beat iPhone5 (and SGSII with proper drivers for quad core GPU), but will definitely not be left far behind. Even at 1.2GHz, it should beat tegra 2, omap 4+sgx540 and exynor(@1.2) in better power efficiency and performance combined.

Top Bottom