New Wii - Great troubles - SOS ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopargaonkar.amit

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

Last evening my friend got me a new Nintendo Wii from the US. Excited as i was, connected the Wii adapter to the terminals, only to see/ hear a spark blowing up the adpater (It turned out to be ONLY 120V input).

Got few queries, please help urgently on them:

1. Should i buy an adapter from the ebay vendors @ RS 1500 or so. I know adapters have no rocket science but would want a reliable one to protect my console.

2. Is it true that the Wii wouldn't work with an old TV that my landlord has left back? It might be 5-6 years old. The PS2 works beautifully with this TV.

3. If the responses to either of the above is negative, tell me best way to fight depression!

Regards,
Amit
Mumbai

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm not sure about the adapter bit but with regards to the Television, since the Wii runs in SD mode, it should have composite cable connection. That way it should easily be compatible with your TV. The only problem may arise if your TV is extremely old & doesn't support multi-system (PAL & NTSC support). Since it's a US Wii, the color system is NTSC. Depending on the model of your TV, you should be able to get it to work properly.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
u shud get a replacement for ur adaptar. u shud have checked for the power input . outside countries use a lower voltage to conserve energy. also if ur old tv has yellow,white , red input it will work. make sure to buy a converter if u can find one else dont bother.i personally have a 220-110 v converter for my xbox360. it costs around 1.1k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom