New Video Editing PC for 60k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also ram prices are expected to drop in coming months because of current intel processor manufacturing shortage(too much ram but not enough processors for systems).

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
The point he makes is if you have budget issue, don't compromise on getting a good motherboard but opt for 8 gigs of RAM now. You can always add more RAM sticks later when you have enough money.

Point noted. Downgrading to 8GB ram as of now.

Also ram prices are expected to drop in coming months because of current intel processor manufacturing shortage(too much ram but not enough processors for systems).

Okay done

So finally
----------------------------------
Processor - Intel i5 8400 - 21,600
Motherboard - Motherboard MSI B360M Pro VDH - 7,400
SMPS - Antec 550w EarthPower - 6,050 [a local buyer had it]
Cabinet - Corsair Spec 01 + fans - 3,000
RAM - 8gb 3000 Mhz Corsair Vengeance - 5,750
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB - 3,300
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 240 GB - 4,550
Monitor - LG 22mp68vq - 9,500
KB & Mouse - Logitech or Dell - 1,250
UPS - APC 1100 VA - 5,800

Total - 68,200

Any alterations?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks fine.Make sure psu is this exact one:
ANTEC EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 550W SMPS - 550 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certification Semi Modular PSU

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
The motherboard says it supports only 2666Mhz in it's website :blink:

B360M PRO-VDH | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,2666mhz is default/limit of intel 8th gen processors just like Ryzen processors.Anything above default ram speed is considered as overclocking of ram that is why all rams come with XMP profiles nowadays(basically a manufacturer inbuilt ram oc setting).If you are using 3000mhz ram on intel 8th gen system then by default it will run at 2666mhz unless you go into mobo uefi bios setting & select xmp profile of ram for 3000mhz.For intel processors running ram over default speed does not matter much but it does matter for ryzen processors(especially the Ryzen G processors integrated graphics performance).

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Yes,2666mhz is default/limit of intel 8th gen processors just like Ryzen processors.Anything above default ram speed is considered as overclocking of ram that is why all rams come with XMP profiles nowadays(basically a manufacturer inbuilt ram oc setting).If you are using 3000mhz ram on intel 8th gen system then by default it will run at 2666mhz unless you go into mobo uefi bios setting & select xmp profile of ram for 3000mhz.For intel processors running ram over default speed does not matter much but it does matter for ryzen processors(especially the Ryzen G processors integrated graphics performance).

Okay. I will do that once i get the system. Paid for the components today. The shopkeeper accepted to assemble the system by himself and deliver to my house. Will get the system soon.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The shopkeeper accepted to assemble the system by himself and deliver to my house. Will get the system soon.

Don't do this. Later they say that component wasnt available so I put this one, which has same quality so don't worry. We had this case 2 weeks back here on this forum. Instead of promised GSkill, shopkeeper gave Value RAM to OP, I guess. Better check all the component by yourself and ask him to assemble at your home.

quicky008

Technomancer
Also when no one's keeping an eye on them,they might assemble the system carelessly,in a very slipshod manner which might cause it to malfunction/act unexpectedly after a while.

It happened to me a few years ago when i bought some peripherals from a local shop and had one of their guys assemble them for me-the person who was assigned to the task was in such a hurry to finish the job that he accidentally scratched my mobo with his screwdriver while fitting it to my cabinet-also he had used so much thermal paste while installing my hyper tx3 cooler that it resulted in a total mess and had spilled over to the sides of the cpu socket.Years later when i was trying to remove the cpu from the motherboard,i faced great difficulty because the cpu and its socket were completely smeared with thermal paste.

Also they mistakenly connected my cabinet's firewire connector to the mobo's usb 2 header as both the connector's have the same pin layout-I was lucky that it didn't end up causing irreparable damage to my motherboard back then.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Don't do this. Later they say that component wasnt available so I put this one, which has same quality so don't worry. We had this case 2 weeks back here on this forum. Instead of promised GSkill, shopkeeper gave Value RAM to OP, I guess. Better check all the component by yourself and ask him to assemble at your home.

Also when no one's keeping an eye on them,they might assemble the system carelessly,in a very slipshod manner which might cause it to malfunction/act unexpectedly after a while. It happened to me a few years ago when i bought some peripherals from a local shop and had one of their guys assemble them for me-the person who was assigned to the task was in such a hurry to finish the job that he accidentally scratched my mobo with his screwdriver while fitting it to my cabinet-also he had used so much thermal paste while installing my hyper tx3 cooler that it resulted in a total mess and had spilled over to the sides of the cpu socket.Years later when i was trying to remove the cpu from the motherboard,i faced great difficulty because the cpu and its socket were completely smeared with thermal paste. Also they mistakenly connected my cabinet's firewire connector to the mobo's usb 2 header as both the connector's have the same pin layout-I was lucky that it didn't end up causing irreparable damage to my motherboard back then.

Mayday Mayday. You both gave me an heart attack for a second:eeeksign:. Done I will ask him to assemble at my home.

Top Bottom