New Video Editing PC for 60k

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Overall I find asrock z370 pro 4 mobo a bit better because it has better slots placement & is not missing hdmi & a 2nd nvme/m2 slot(I don't care for displayport & 6 port audio output as well as sacrificing a bit of overclocking which is irrelevant for you anyway with an i5 8400).

Okay so any changes in the build @Minion suggested above? Also, a 240gb ssd is needed i suppose.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SAMSUNG 860 EVO 250GB Internal SSD (MZ-76E250BW)
Why mdcomputers for ssd?Best ssd prices are always on onlyssd.com.
Buy Online SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5″ 250GB SATA SSD MZ-76E250BW In India

Okay no other changes required? Can i finalise this build and go shopping?
Amazon is having another sale from 24th during which you may get samsung 860 evo for 4k(with 10% off using axis or citibank card) just like in the recently concluded great Indian sale.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Hey guys. I enquired multiple shops here in Chennai. They don't have the availability of ASRock motherboard.

Check this page and kindly suggest me changes for motherboard and smps
*www.deltapage.com/content/price.htm

All the shops here follow the same above linked page price trend and have the same components with plus or minus 100,200 rupees above or below difference.

Config confirmed so far
----------------------------------
Processor - Intel i5 8400 - 22,000
Motherboard -
SMPS -
Cabinet - Corsair Spec 01 - 2,500
RAM - 8 x 2 3000 Mhz Corsair Vengeance - 11,500
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB - 3,300
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 240 GB - 4,700
Monitor - LG 22mp68vq - 9,500
KB & Mouse - Logitech or Dell - 1,200
UPS - APC 1100 VA - 5,700

Total - 60,400

I am exceeding the budget of my initial 60k. Suggest me good budget options for both motherboard and smps from the page linked above.

P.S - Buy Online Intel Core I5-8500 Processor + 16GB Optane lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com this one is better value instead of 8400 right?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have to buy offline only,only good psu currently available is antec earthwatt gold & it is currently available online only.

motherboard:Asus PRIME H310M-K
psu:Corsair CX 450
A 310m 4.6k mobo for a 20k+ processor that too for a heavy usage scenario??

Will the motherboard and smps hold and be stable for longer periods of rendering? @bssunilreddy @Minion @nac @whitestar_999 Your suggestions?
Don't get anything below B360 mobo.Asus prime B360M-A & MSI B360M Pro VDH looks good.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Did you check with itdepot? But it's dispatch against order, ask if they can get that asrock board and place the order.
If that doesn't work,
Get an ATX board. Asus B360/H370 are good. Prime Plus or Tuf Plus gaming. With video editing, eventually you will have to get an after market cooler. With mATX it will be little congested.
With regards to PSU. Get at least bronze rated ~450W PSU from Corsair or Antec. Check with itdepot, they may able to arrange if they have listed on their page.

quicky008

Technomancer
I am exceeding the budget of my initial 60k. Suggest me good budget options for both motherboard and smps from the page linked above.

P.S - Buy Online Intel Core I5-8500 Processor + 16GB Optane lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com this one is better value instead of 8400 right?
the i5 8400 is actually a 13k cpu that is now being sold for 20k-at the price point amd ryzen 1700/x would have been a much better choice,esp since the op intends to use it for video editing.

The above motherboard was suggested as the op was seeking budget orientated products,and he had also mentioned that he had already exceeded his initial estimate of 60k,therefore i assumed he wont be willing to spend too much on the motherboard.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hey guys. I enquired multiple shops here in Chennai. They don't have the availability of ASRock motherboard.

Check this page and kindly suggest me changes for motherboard and smps
*www.deltapage.com/content/price.htm

All the shops here follow the same above linked page price trend and have the same components with plus or minus 100,200 rupees above or below difference.

Config confirmed so far
----------------------------------
Processor - Intel i5 8400 - 22,000
Motherboard -
SMPS -
Cabinet - Corsair Spec 01 - 2,500
RAM - 8 x 2 3000 Mhz Corsair Vengeance - 11,500
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB - 3,300
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 240 GB - 4,700
Monitor - LG 22mp68vq - 9,500
KB & Mouse - Logitech or Dell - 1,200
UPS - APC 1100 VA - 5,700

Total - 60,400

Why are you getting 16GB RAM?Better spend this money on getting better mobo

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the i5 8400 is actually a 13k cpu that is now being sold for 20k-at the price point amd ryzen 1700/x would have been a much better choice,esp since the op intends to use it for video editing.

The above motherboard was suggested as the op was seeking budget orientated products,and he had also mentioned that he had already exceeded his initial estimate of 60k,therefore i assumed he wont be willing to spend too much on the motherboard.
Budget oriented does not mean risking a 20k product for saving 3k,VRMs on these H310 mobos may be good for a i3 8100 but an i5 that too running at high cpu load most of the time this is asking for trouble.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Do you have to buy offline only,only good psu currently available is antec earthwatt gold & it is currently available online only. Don't get anything below B360 mobo.Asus prime B360M-A & MSI B360M Pro VDH looks good.

Done, i will enquire about those motherboards. I will contact mdcomputers regarding smps.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Did you check with itdepot? But it's dispatch against order, ask if they can get that asrock board and place the order.
If that doesn't work,
Get an ATX board. Asus B360/H370 are good. Prime Plus or Tuf Plus gaming. With video editing, eventually you will have to get an after market cooler. With mATX it will be little congested.
With regards to PSU. Get at least bronze rated ~450W PSU from Corsair or Antec. Check with itdepot, they may able to arrange if they have listed on their page.

I checked with itdepot. Both the Asrock motherboard and i5 8500 with optane is out of stock and they told they can't procure even if given an order

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Why are you getting 16GB RAM?Better spend this money on getting better mobo

I have experienced editing with 8gb ram. It does the work but other simultaneous work aren't smooth, like even browsing, hence i thought of 16gb.

What do you suggest? 8gb of ram and which mobo?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I checked with itdepot. Both the Asrock motherboard and i5 8500 with optane is out of stock and they told they can't procure even if given an order
Then no point in pursuing that option.
I have experienced editing with 8gb ram. It does the work but other simultaneous work aren't smooth, like even browsing, hence i thought of 16gb.
What do you suggest? 8gb of ram and which mobo?
The point he makes is if you have budget issue, don't compromise on getting a good motherboard but opt for 8 gigs of RAM now. You can always add more RAM sticks later when you have enough money.

Top Bottom