New Rig Purchase from New Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
New Rig Purchase from Newegg

Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy a new rig.As my sister is coming from US I am gonna ask her to buy some components for me. My main purpose is gaming. I am planning to get the best and cheap components which are costly here. Please tell me what to buy from new egg. my sister can put around 600$. So tell me some components with this (mobo, pro, gpu, ram etc) I dont want to buy cabinet powersupply cooling etc from there as i can buy it here. Please suggest.

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Corsair 4GB DDR2 800 Mhz (2x2GB kit)
MSI P45 Neo F
PALIT HD4850
E8400
Antec 650W PSU

I say you buy the PSU from the US as well, it will fit into this budget and will be cheaper than here in India.

acewin

Point Blanc
Asus P5Q Pro Mobo = 139$($119.99 after $15.00 Mail-In) DDR2 mobo
Asus P5Q3 Mobo =160$ DDR3 mobo
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Wifi = 212$
MSI P45 Platinum alot many variants available you need to check

Asus P5QL Pro is in 85$ special saving do not know about this mobo, though seems to me a variant of P5Q Pro but so cheap huh !!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!

Intel E8500 = 184$
Q9300 = 249$
Q9400 = 269$
Q9450 = 329$
Q9550 = 319$

Palit HD4850 170$
Palit HD4870 265$
Sapphire HD4850 200$
Sapphire HD4870 300$

There is something which I found as mail-in rebate do not know what it is.
You can check the prices.

Buy mobo + proccy + GPU from there not RAM and PSU, Corsair comes with 10 year warranty

get the best you can, if you buyout allows then go for DDR3 mobo and buy DDR3 RAMs.

To help you more tell us what you need the desktop for.
Quad cores are much cheaper there than here.

OP
SenthilAnandh

SenthilAnandh

Asus P5Q Pro Mobo = 139$($119.99 after $15.00 Mail-In) DDR2 mobo
Asus P5Q3 Mobo =160$ DDR3 mobo
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Wifi = 212$
MSI P45 Platinum alot many variants available you need to check

Asus P5QL Pro is in 85$ special saving do not know about this mobo, though seems to me a variant of P5Q Pro but so cheap huh !!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!

Intel E8500 = 184$
Q9300 = 249$
Q9400 = 269$
Q9450 = 329$
Q9550 = 319$

Palit HD4850 170$
Palit HD4870 265$
Sapphire HD4850 200$
Sapphire HD4870 300$

There is something which I found as mail-in rebate do not know what it is.
You can check the prices.

Buy mobo + proccy + GPU from there not RAM and PSU, Corsair comes with 10 year warranty

get the best you can, if you buyout allows then go for DDR3 mobo and buy DDR3 RAMs.

To help you more tell us what you need the desktop for.
Quad cores are much cheaper there than here.

Thanks dude. as i said my main purpose is for gaming.

Bandu

Journeyman
I replied to this post yesterday, but it somehow does not show up here.

I'll try to write it down again:

Are you sure about the 600$ limit? If you have sources of this figure, do ask your sis to carry a printout of those pages. The customs may create an issue. Moreover, they have their own price-list for known electronic components. AFAIK, you are allowed to import upto 12K INR worth of such electronic goods.

OP
SenthilAnandh

SenthilAnandh

I replied to this post yesterday, but it somehow does not show up here.

I'll try to write it down again:

Are you sure about the 600$ limit? If you have sources of this figure, do ask your sis to carry a printout of those pages. The customs may create an issue. Moreover, they have their own price-list for known electronic components. AFAIK, you are allowed to import upto 12K INR worth of such electronic goods.

Thanks dude for bring it up. Can you give me more information about this as I dont want to waste money in paying tax. Some link or sources will be helpful.

But if it is allowed means I thought of buying

Intel C2Q9550 320$ = Rs 15,700
Palit HD 4870 265 $ = Rs 13,200

But www.lynx-india.com is quoting Rs16,400 for 9550 which is more or less equal to buying from US. I can benefit only for buying HD 4870 there as it is 17k here.

I am very much confused guys, do I have to risk my warrenty or endup paying tax for a mere 2 - 3k saving Or should i go and buy any other component which is costly here.
Guys please help me out.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@senthil...

u will be paying a lot of money as tax for sure....

unless u have some hold in the airport.... buy in parts... or split them between passengers....

or... remove all the orginal cover and all and bring it... but still its very risky..as a female is bringing it here... they will ask all kinda stupid qns and say all kinda rubbish law points...

If u are not confident on the above..or have no contact in the airport...then..

stop being greedy and buy a pc from here....

or.... buy a good enuff laptop for 1000 from newegg... its a ok...

Bandu

Journeyman
I am sure its not allowed - you are way over your allowed budget.

Read this link: *www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cs-act/formatted-htmls/cs-rulef.htm

Spend some time on this site and see if you can follow those twisted rules.

I was there in Sep 2008 with just an empty Aerocool HTPC cabinet (link). I had to go through a lot of hassles. It was just a 40€ case.

The officer there asked me for 20€ (under table) to let me out. I refused, and was eventually allowed after I started to create a scene out of it.

Anyways, as others also suggested, avoid this as much as possible. Its not worth the hassle. Splitting things into multiple baggage won't help either.

Last edited:
OP
SenthilAnandh

SenthilAnandh

Many Thanks for the advice guys. It was really helpful. Now I have planned to buy a Laptop from there. I have started a new thread for it (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=977113). Please suggest.

acewin

Point Blanc
yeah its better to buy a laptop from there than parts of desktop.
Besides its not really that worth going aroun in that way. My very close friend said same thing when we were discussing what can be brought from there as he would be coming in December. you could have continued in here only. But I think 600$ is less for that good laptop to get.

OP
SenthilAnandh

SenthilAnandh

yeah its better to buy a laptop from there than parts of desktop.
Besides its not really that worth going aroun in that way. My very close friend said same thing when we were discussing what can be brought from there as he would be coming in December. you could have continued in here only. But I think 600$ is less for that good laptop to get.

The budget for my laptop is around 1200$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom