New phone dilemma's. :\

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
My old sony ericsson W395 is now screwed. So gotta buy a new phone within Rs.8000. any suggestions??

Preferences:-
1.)Music:-can't live without it so need quality sound.Personally I prefer walkman series more than xpressmusic.and will need good storage for this too.
2.)Camera:-decent pics.would prefer a 3.15 or 3.2 cam.
3.)smsing(preferably unlimited storage) and a decent keypad to type on.
4.)Storage:-atleast 16GB support should be there.

Thats all.anything else like 3G wud be an added bonus. :p but music quality is a MUST along with storage and texting!

I've shortlisted the new sony ericsson Zylo. is that a good phone? I heard that its sound is not that good.. :\ Has plenty of other things though. or is the nokia X3 a better option?

Oh and what OS does the zylo have? Android? o_O the x3 has that same old symbian. :\

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Music is very good in zylo...but lack of 3.5mm jack is disappointing...if u can adjust with the old jack then zylo is for u...it can play flac format too:razz:

here is the review-> Sony Ericsson Zylo review: Walkman rewind - GSMArena.com

U can have Samsung Galaxy 5 with android...it have slight poor audio quality then zylo but u will get a smartphone and all the goodies:mrgreen:

Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5 review: Corby with brains - GSMArena.com

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I already have a good sony headset with a propietary jack as well as a converter to 3.5mm. xDD :D
But I heard that zylo has very low volume even though quality is ok. and it also doesn't come with a memory card or USB cable. :\

sujoyp

Grand Master
U better drop zylo and get Galaxy 5

Zylo's loudspeakers r good...its earpiece is bit low in volume soo u would have trouble in talking at crowdy places...its not related to music

U should be having data cable and it uses micro SD...I think u will at least get 1 gb free with mobile:mrgreen:

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
hmm..the galaxy 5 does look tasty. :p but I do a lot of texting and am a music freak. so m quite confused. *_* the galaxy 5 does have a great screen though. BTW can the android 2.1 os in it be upgraded to android 2.2 or something?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Given your requirements, don't go for galaxy 3. Go for Nokia 5235. Very good audio quality, free music download from Ovid for a year. Trust me, there is lot of good stuff in there that you cant find on torrents. The free navigation is another big bonus. The audio quality and music app of 5235 is farbeyter than galaxy's.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
How about the 5230?? I don't really need the unlimited download from the ovi store. :\

5230 is almost the same phone. But only thing is that I heard that the bundled earphones suck and the music volume is very low. :\
really confused here. :\

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
How about the 5230?? I don't really need the unlimited download from the ovi store. :\

5230 is almost the same phone. But only thing is that I heard that the bundled earphones suck and the music volume is very low. :\
really confused here. :\

yes. both are same h/w and s/w wise. most of the mobiles phones comes with crappy bundled earphones. get good quality earphones and you are good to go.

Top Bottom