New phone around 15-17k

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Well if your device doesnt have proper sources (eg Exynos ) then I understand why you dont like it but if your device has all the proper sources then CM isnt that bad ;)

amjath

Human Spambot
Well if your device doesnt have proper sources (eg Exynos ) then I understand why you dont like it but if your device has all the proper sources then CM isnt that bad ;)

exactly the case with galaxy s2. Their exynos processor has no support devs right their own drivers. CM devs are getting money for this remember. There is a serious bug called music bug in exynos [especially s2], if you come across this thread we can see how devs are working their as$ off to workaround this bug.

but we dont appreciate their work, atleast we can stop whining.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, that is why I wanted Rom support. The Xiaomi Mi2 got CM, so highly likely the Mi3 will get it too. Also, Snapdragon phones usually get Rom support as compared to Mediatek or Broadcom. I have had a horrible experience wrt Roms on Mediatek and Broadcom phones, although the phones itself have been decent. And I like MIUI, so not a problem for me.

$hadow

Geek in making

No no you got me wrong I didn't said that CM is bad or all. It is just that I don't use it on any of my device that being my personal choice. Others custom room just sometimes provides a better experience

amjath

Human Spambot
No no you got me wrong I didn't said that CM is bad or all. It is just that I don't use it on any of my device that being my personal choice. Others custom room just sometimes provides a better experience

every other rom are cm based, correct me if im wrong. so if CM is bad others also bad

Aditya Hegde

Broken In
guys is it safe to buy Mi 3 in india as the service centres are not yet available and also I checked in MIUI forums and found out that the os is a bit buggy and also there were many issues if u install 3rd party launchers.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
guys is it safe to buy Mi 3 in india as the service centres are not yet available and also I checked in MIUI forums and found out that the os is a bit buggy and also there were many issues if u install 3rd party launchers.

Those bugs are usually on non-Xiaomi phones which have a ported MIUI ROM. Since this ROM will be used as a daily driver, its safe to assume that almost all bugs will be ironed out.

Minion

Conversation Architect

There is no point of using any 3rd party launcher as MIUI it self will provide lot of customization.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
guys after Xiaomi launched the Redmi 1S, I'm interested in that too because its so cheap and powerful . How is this phone?

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Moto G murderer
I figured that, but I was to go for the infinitely more powerful Mi3 but the Redmi is a sweet deal for half the price too. I'm confused whether I should stick to the Mi3 or go for Redmi on a smaller budget?

P.S My mother would be happy if I got a cheaper phone.

SunE

Professional Newbie
I figured that, but I was to go for the infinitely more powerful Mi3 but the Redmi is a sweet deal for half the price too. I'm confused whether I should stick to the Mi3 or go for Redmi on a smaller budget?

Your decision bro. Obviously us techies will suggest the better hardware but ultimately whatever makes you or your mother happy :)

Personally i would never buy a 14k phone from small brands, but 7k, i can take that risk....... Plus it's just a 7k phone, so i would be able to upgrade it within lesser time gap

Top Bottom