new PC (intel or AMD?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gksunil

Broken In
I've decided to buy a new PC. Budget 30000-35000 (the lower the better!!)
My needs are internet, medium games and video conversion.
I need LCD 17" (must)
My doubt is whether to go for C2D or AMD.
If C2D, which mobo is having a decent onboard graphics?(i don't want to spend 7000 for graphics card.). Is it available in India(bangalore). I've gone through some of the previuos threads and they speak about 946 and 965WH. But is 965WH available in India?
Why not AMD?
Why the price of AMD 3800 AM2 is more than that of 4200 AM2?
If my mobo budget is upto 10000, which mobo can i get?
please give your valuable suggestions

to make things more clear, C2D with 965wh is better or AMD AM2+ excellent mobo( may be with extra graphics card) and 2 Gb RAM?

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
if u hav a mobo budget of 10k then its better to buy Asus P5B Dlx and E6300.
buy some cheap gfx card.

sakumar79

Technomancer
17" LCD will set you off by about 10k... Proccy+Mobo from AMD will set you off by min 7k. 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, DVD Writer, Cabinet, Keyboard+Mouse will set you off by another 10k...So, of your budget, you will have 3k to 8k... You will need speakers and UPS and graphics card... These may be chosen to suit the budget...

Arun

OP
G

gksunil

Broken In
ok. If i don't have to buy a graphics card, then which mobo( for AMD) is best (price may be upto 8000)?

Kniwor

Learner
For ur budget, and at the moment, AMD is the way to go, If u plan on heavy OC'ing go with intel c2d.

at stock, after AMD price cuts, it is a much attractive option as compared to Intel, but Intel price but is scheduled soon, so things will be "even" then, even after that, the price/performance for AMD/Intel will be "equal" at stock....so no harm in getting AMD, plus Intel will not fit in 30k budget in any way, unless u go for cheap ram/mobo/PSU etc... I mean almost everything cheap except ur C2D procy, which is a very bad idea.

kooldude

Broken In
Ya AMD is very good option if you want to combine Proc + Mobo = 10000/-

see the prices @*www.theitwares.com

It just got updated...be sure to delete you Temp internet files to get the latest prices!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom