New PC for gaming - Budget Rs. 40k - 50k

Blue Dragon

Broken In
First of all a big HI to every digitian reading this! (New here) Now lets now waste time and get to the topic.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gonna leave school in a few months (In 12th) Need a new PC (Laptop preffered unless it is a super portable desktops {which are called laptops}) for college use (That means gaming (light - medium {like DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2, Saints Row 3 some online mmos and some fps'} ones) , I don't really watch a lot of movies but should be able to run video clips, gaming, should be able to do programming , school/college work like Office applications etc. (Programming - top priority, Gaming - 2nd, Internet Speed (A good card = less data wasted) 3rd)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k INR may extended upto 50k max.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: After the warranty expires MAYBE I will (Not sure).

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Linux Kali? LOL my family, friends might use that laptop but won't be able to use it xD so I guess I will use Windows 10 (It will be released by the time when I leave school) win8.1 will do too.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: around 250-500GB-1TB. I already own a 1TB HD but if I can get an SSD in my lappy then that's a bonus!

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes I want a monitor ofc, don't really care about resolution as long as it is minimum 1152x768 or above. Definitely above 1024x768. I hope that the games I run don't look bad on my PC :/

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
Instead of telling you what I don't want, I would like to mention WHAT I WANT.
A CD/DVD drive for sure no matter what.
2 USB ports or at least 1 USB 3.0 port
Card rearders will be bonus if available (I got one in my old Wipro laptop)
^^Same with Bluetooth^^ (Won't need it though you can avoid it)
Microphone (recommended but not necessary)
Speakers ({-_-} What? gaming and no speakers? lel)
Micro/head-phone jack (OFC!)
RJ45 slot (highly recommended but not necessary)
HDMI Port (recommended not necessary)
Power Outlet for my laptop charger YAY! (-_-){Da fu Just so you won't forget :p}

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: If price is real good RIGHT NOW!!! Otherwise when I give my board exams (Pray that I do well so that my budget can rise more (10-20k more?) :p )

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes and No, Have built a Desktop not laptop and don't know about ultra protable desktops. :/ And Yeah I will do it by myself, not an assembler (May get some helping hands{non-family} though)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Lucknow! xD I'm buying locally? lel no. Won't rule out that possibility to go to shops in person to buy but I am also willing to buy from online shops.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: 15yr old, programmer, gamer. A laptop for that sort of guy please :) Will turn 16 soon xD Will leave 12th soon :( Will enter college soon xD Need a better laptop, Would be an ULTRA-MEGA bonus if the laptop looks cool like those from alienware etc :p Don't hesitate to ask me for more info at all! :) Also those who are confused what I want then, I want a laptop with a power of desktop (Which is not possible -_-) I don't know whether ultra portable desktops exist or not for college use (>_>) if not then I want a Laptop.

Thank You!

--EDIT--
Removed some unnecessary things.

Last edited:

panwala95

In the zone
Hey man i can understand your i have myself passed out of 12th this year
As for the configuration -
Cpu-i5 4440 - 12170
Motherboard- asrock z87m pro 4 - 8700
Ram - kingston hyperx 1866mhz (1x8gb) - 3750
Gpu - sapphire r9 270x 2gb - 13850
Cabinet -cm elite 311 -2750
Hdd- 1tb wd caviar green -3400
Smps- corsair cx 430 -2930
Dvd writer -lg/hp -1000
Total -rs 52000

With monitor-
cpu -i5 4440 - 12170
Motherboard- asrock h91m plus -3450
Ram - kingston hyperx 1866mhz (1x8gb) - 3750
Gpu - sapphire r9 270x 2gb - 13850
Cabinet -cm elite 311 -2750
Hdd- 1tb wd caviar green -3400
Smps- corsair cx 430 -2930
Dvd writer -lg/hp -1000
Monitor- dell 22 inch (E 2215 HV)1080p - 7450
Total -50750 rupees
Note-all prices quoted are from nehru place delhi

If you are really interested in a laptop then this is best one in your budget
Dell 5548 Inspiron (Notebook) (Core i5 5th Gen/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (5548581TB2S) Rs.52888 Price in India - Buy Dell 5548 Inspiron (Notebook) (Core i5 5th Gen/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (5548581TB2S) SIlver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com
But to be honest the pc listed here will blow away this laptop

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 50k

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4440
CPU CoolerStock
MotherboardGigabyte H81M-S1
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz
Graphics CardZotac GTX750Ti 2GB
Power SupplyAntec VP550
CabinetCooler Master Elite 311
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB
Optical DriveAsus 24D3ST DVD/RW
MonitorAOC 2276VWM LED IPS
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total51,000

Just wanna say that GAINWARD GTX 750ti 2GB with SINGLE FAN can be had for Rs9,900 in NEHRU PLACE,NEW DELHI. Just bargain , bluff and haggle saying that other shop is selling for blah blah price. My bro bought it last week.
Side info
Non Ti version is Rs 9200 and R7 260x is Rs 9500

- - - Updated - - -

AOC 2276VWM LED IPS

That monitor uses Chinese BOC IPS Panel. A 21.5" display for Rs8,800 with the cheapest panel and low response time...OP better look for better option, with LG or SAMSUNG manufactured IPS panels

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Just wanna say that GAINWARD GTX 750ti 2GB with SINGLE FAN can be had for Rs9,900 in NEHRU PLACE,NEW DELHI. Just bargain , bluff and haggle saying that other shop is selling for blah blah price. My bro bought it last week.
Side info
Non Ti version is Rs 9200 and R7 260x is Rs 9500

- - - Updated - - -

That monitor uses Chinese BOC IPS Panel. A 21.5" display for Rs8,800 with the cheapest panel and low response time...OP better look for better option, with LG or SAMSUNG manufactured IPS panels
Is it low response time or high response time???

Top Bottom