New PC for gaming - Budget 1,50,000 to 1,60,000

Jello2005

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I am new to this forum, so please forgive me for any format-based errors. My old computer is over 10 years old now and is literally on life support nowadays. Hence, I supposed it is time for an overall upgrade. I have planned a rig but could you guys please check below and tell me if it could be better in the similar range? (Please check the component prices from electrobot.co.in as I selected my components from there)

CPU: Intel i7-12700KF
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti OC Edition(GALAX)
MBD: MSI MAG B660 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 (ATX)
RAM: 32GB DDR4 (2*16GB)
HDD: 2TB 7200rpm
SSD: 1TB NVMe M.2
Liquid Cooling: Silverstone TD02 RGB 240mm AIO
Cabinet: GALAX Rev-05
PSU: Please advise

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)

Ans: AAA games like Cyberpunk 2077, GTA V, CSGO, Halo Infinite. Also, coding on VS.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 1,50,000 to 1,60,000.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not the CPU, but I am planning to buy an overclocked GPU.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 11.

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB HDD. 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 27 inch. I don't know much about refresh rates.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Second week of September, perhaps.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Nope. This will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi. I am thinking of buying from Nehru Place as people say the shops there give the best prices on pc components.

PS: I will also use it for hardcore coding so please keep that in mind too.

Last edited:
I heard electrobot.in, but will prefer bigger sites like primeabgb, vedant, md, or even clarion or elitehubs.

Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

Fill this, do go in detail on purpose.

Mention prices for those parts, list out individually.

Coming to the rig you selected, can see a lot of unoptimized stuff, like K series CPU with B660, that too a B660 that costs same as good entry level Z690.

GPU - I'll not prefer Galax unless it is much cheaper, will pick Zotac for 5 year warranty, else Asus TUF or MSI Gaming X for thermals & noise

AIO - Arctic Freezer II 280

PSU - Nothing less than Corsair RM850

OP
Jello2005

Jello2005

I heard electrobot.in, but will prefer bigger sites like primeabgb, vedant, md, or even clarion or elitehubs.

Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

Fill this, do go in detail on purpose.

Mention prices for those parts, list out individually.

Coming to the rig you selected, can see a lot of unoptimized stuff, like K series CPU with B660, that too a B660 that costs same as good entry level Z690.

GPU - I'll not prefer Galax unless it is much cheaper, will pick Zotac for 5 year warranty, else Asus TUF or MSI Gaming X for thermals & noise

AIO - Arctic Freezer II 280

PSU - Nothing less than Corsair RM850
All prices are in rupees.

CPU: 33999
MBD: 20139
RAM: 9598 (4799*2)
GPU: 61999
SSD: 7499 (GIGABYTE)
HDD: 6700 (3350*2)
CASE: 3799
AIO: 5624
PSU: 3099 (Silverstone ST70F ES230)

Total Price: 155481 (Including Win 11)

These prices are from the rig I mentioned in the post.

And please elaborate on the Motherboard part and tell the right one that I should buy.

PS: I did not buy Asus or TUF GPU as they are way too costly than others.

DestGod

Journeyman
CPU- i7 12700 - 32k (won't see any difference between this and the k version. Besides, you get the goodness of an iGPU)

CPU Cooler - Deepcool AK620- 4.9k

GPU- RTX 3080 - 69k

Mobo- MSI B660 PRO A Wifi - 14.7k

Memory- 2x 16GB 3600Mhz C18- 11k

SSD- Adata XPG Gammix S70 Blade 1TB Gen4 - 10.5k

HDD- 2TB- 6.7k

PSU- XPG Core Reactor 850w -8k (power supplies are the most important part of the build. With power hungry components like the ones chosen, a good PSU is vital. There's nothing wrong in spending an extra buck for it)

PC Case - Lian Li Lancool II - 8.5k

Total- 165.3k

There are a variety of PC cases on the market, so you can take your pick. The one suggested gives you good thermals for your build and has some pretty good features. You could also cut costs by going with a different CPU, like the i5 12600k or the AMD Ryzen 7 5700x.

DestGod

Journeyman
And please elaborate on the Motherboard part and tell the right one that I should buy.
Depends on the features you're looking for. If you want to upgrade your storage in the future or you want some extra connectivity ports, then invest in a higher end motherboard.
Else, the one suggested above is plenty good.

DestGod

Journeyman
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 27 inch. I don't know much about refresh rates.
Go to windows settings and click display. Could you take a pic of that screen?
For the refresh rate, could you follow this and take a pic of that too?

CPU- i7 12700 - 32k (won't see any difference between this and the k version. Besides, you get the goodness of an iGPU)

GPU- RTX 3080 - 69k

HDD- 2TB- 6.7k

PSU- XPG Core Reactor 850w -8k (power supplies are the most important part of the build. With power hungry components like the ones chosen, a good PSU is vital. There's nothing wrong in spending an extra buck for it)

Total- 165.3k

There are a variety of PC cases on the market, so you can take your pick. The one suggested gives you good thermals for your build and has some pretty good features. You could also cut costs by going with a different CPU, like the i5 12600k or the AMD Ryzen 7 5700x.
+1 to this

I will prefer WD SN770 1TB for similar price

PSU - Corsair RM850 for 10-11k

HDD - 2TB 7200RPM costs 4.8k or so

All prices are in rupees.

CPU: 33999
MBD: 20139
RAM: 9598 (4799*2)
GPU: 61999
SSD: 7499 (GIGABYTE)
HDD: 6700 (3350*2)
CASE: 3799
AIO: 5624
PSU: 3099 (Silverstone ST70F ES230)

Total Price: 155481 (Including Win 11)

These prices are from the rig I mentioned in the post.

PS: I did not buy Asus or TUF GPU as they are way too costly than others.
If you are getting Galax 3080Ti for 62k, go ahead with that. It is the case of being cheap enough to make sense. Make sure it is price with taxes. Also, get 1x 2TB 7200RPM HDDs instead of 2x 1TB.

For monitor, get Acer XV272U KV, 1440p 170Hz for 26k.

OP
Jello2005

Jello2005

+1 to this

I will prefer WD SN770 1TB for similar price

PSU - Corsair RM850 for 10-11k

HDD - 2TB 7200RPM costs 4.8k or so

If you are getting Galax 3080Ti for 62k, go ahead with that. It is the case of being cheap enough to make sense. Make sure it is price with taxes. Also, get 1x 2TB 7200RPM HDDs instead of 2x 1TB.

For monitor, get Acer XV272U KV, 1440p 170Hz for 26k.
Please check the GPU in the updated post.
Sorry for the error. I did not notice it until now.

OP
Jello2005

Jello2005

Go to windows settings and click display. Could you take a pic of that screen?
For the refresh rate, could you follow this and take a pic of that too?
Actually when I answered that question, I meant that I am buying a new monitor of 27 inches.
Plus, I still don't understand the Refresh Rate thing clearly. All I know that more the Refresh rate, more the price.

Please check the GPU in the updated post.
Sorry for the error. I did not notice it until now.
Easy no then. 3070Ti isn't even 10% better than 3070, IMO is the least interesting card in RTX 30 series.

Get 3060Ti for 45-46k or 3070 for 53k, else jump up to 3080.

GPU high end 1440p.png

I use RTX 3070 for 2K gaming

Actually when I answered that question, I meant that I am buying a new monitor of 27 inches.
Plus, I still don't understand the Refresh Rate thing clearly. All I know that more the Refresh rate, more the price.
The monitor I suggested, Acer XV272U KV, is 26k. If you have that budget for monitor, get it. Enough for most gamers. 240Hz is for hardcore PvP players.

DestGod

Journeyman
Ahh i didn't read it properly. My bad. If the monitor comes under the budget, then you could replace some of the components in the build with these respective ones -
CPU- i5 12400F-15k

Mobo- Gigabyte B660 DS3H-12.5k

HDD- 2TB- 5k

CPU Cooler- Stock Intel

Last edited:
OP
Jello2005

Jello2005

Easy no then. 3070Ti isn't even 10% better than 3070, IMO is the least interesting card in RTX 30 series.

Get 3060Ti for 45-46k or 3070 for 53k, else jump up to 3080.

View attachment 21753

I use RTX 3070 for 2K gaming
Just a final question regarding this GPU thin (Everything else seems sorted for now).

I checked some data from userbenchmark.com and it showed the following comparisons.

x.png

y.png

Just wanted a little more clarity whether the data from this site is sponsored or real, because I've been analyzing all data from this site only.

PS: Thanks for the previous advices on this thread. They helped me a lot.

OP
Jello2005

Jello2005

GPU- RTX 3080 - 69k

HDD- 2TB- 6.7k

Total- 165.3k

Thanks for this, but I can't find the MSI pro motherboard with Wifi (I can find the ones without it though). So please could you tell me another one (with inbuilt Wifi) incase it is cheaper and better than the one I mentioned in my post?

OP
Jello2005

Jello2005

Ahh i didn't read it properly. My bad. If the monitor comes under the budget, then you could replace some of the components in the build with these respective ones -
CPU- i5 12400F-15k

Mobo- Gigabyte B660 DS3H-12.5k

HDD- 2TB- 5k

CPU Cooler- Stock Intel
No. The monitor is separate. Thanks for your concern though.

DestGod

Journeyman
Just a final question regarding this GPU thin (Everything else seems sorted for now).

I checked some data from userbenchmark.com and it showed the following comparisons.

View attachment 21755

View attachment 21756

Just wanted a little more clarity whether the data from this site is sponsored or real, because I've been analyzing all data from this site only.
No, these websites really aren't reliable. Mostly, YouTube channels provide the actual info and benchmarks of GPUs and CPUs. I'd suggest these YT channels- Hardware Unboxed, Gamers Nexus, Optimum Tech and of course, ye old LTT. A reliable hardware website is tomshardware.com
Thanks for this, but I can't find the MSI pro motherboard with Wifi (I can find the ones without it though). So please could you tell me another one (with inbuilt Wifi) incase it is cheaper and better than the one I mentioned in my post?
Unfortunately, there isn't a better motherboard than the MSI one at a cheaper price. The PRO A is available online
*www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/motherboard/msi-pro-b660m-a-wifi-ddr4-motherboard?limit=100

The next best motherboard is the Gigabyte B660 Aorus Pro AX, but that costs 17k. You could also buy a non Wifi MSI B660 PRO A and add an external Wifi card.

View attachment 21755

View attachment 21756

PS: Thanks for the previous advices on this thread. They helped me a lot.
Never trust user benchmark or any other similar sites which have such head-to-head comparisons. Always look for reviews of GPUs with fps numbers like I shared earlier from Hardware Unboxed.

No, these websites really aren't reliable. Mostly, YouTube channels provide the actual info and benchmarks of GPUs and CPUs. I'd suggest these YT channels- Hardware Unboxed, Gamers Nexus, Optimum Tech and of course, ye old LTT. A reliable hardware website is tomshardware.com

Unfortunately, there isn't a better motherboard than the MSI one at a cheaper price. The PRO A is available online
*www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/motherboard/msi-pro-b660m-a-wifi-ddr4-motherboard?limit=100

The next best motherboard is the Gigabyte B660 Aorus Pro AX, but that costs 17k. You could also buy a non Wifi MSI B660 PRO A and add an external Wifi card.
+1

Just get MSI B660M Pro A WiFi. Buying non-WiFi mobo & adding WiFi card later will be expensive (talking about good PCIe WiFi cards). At 14.6k, Pro A is a no-brainer.

OP
Jello2005

Jello2005

Thanks @omega44-xt and @DestGod for helping out. My gaming config. is pretty much settled for now (I mean for buying in September).

PS: @omega44-xt do you think that the total price of my rig would be significantly lower if I do some research at Nehru Place?

Last edited:
Top Bottom