New PC Build for 3D Creation & Rendering

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Hi Guys,

I think I should wait till end of April 2012.......why?

Well I really think that i7 2600k + z68 is an EXPENSIVE :)shock:) deal for me.
And there is new news (of course for me), i7 3770/k will coming in April'12 and more importantly it's going to be CHEAP than i7 2600k (is it?).
The i7 3770/k will be 10-15% faster than i7 2600/k as per lots of Neutral and Genuine reviews like this one - Intel Releases Ivy Bridge Chip Performance Numbers - Legit Reviews

What you think ? Should I wait or not ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no idea but i7 3770 is supposed to be a replacement for existing i7 2600 which means price most probably will be higher than current i7 2600(since latest tech).also z68 is only needed for "k" series processors so for 3770 z68 is not required.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
no idea but i7 3770 is supposed to be a replacement for existing i7 2600 which means price most probably will be higher than current i7 2600(since latest tech).also z68 is only needed for "k" series processors so for 3770 z68 is not required.

OK !
If, i7 3770 is going to be replacement for i7 2600, means i7 2600's prices will drop down (I am really hoping for this :pray:).

I have mentioned i7 3770 + z68, b'cause if I want to upgrade my system in future, then I will have an option with Z68 - i.e. i7 3770K or anything beyond that. (Correct me If I am wrong)

And what you think about - i7 2600 ? Again should I go with Z68 (future upgrade) or any other mobo (non OC) ?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not right away but yes current i7 prices will come down a bit.also by the time you feel the need to upgrade your 3770/2600 to a "k" series(at least 3 years as you are after all spending 17000 on a processor)6 cores probably be the norm & z68/sandy bridge/ivy bridge will be long gone.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
not right away but yes current i7 prices will come down a bit.also by the time you feel the need to upgrade your 3770/2600 to a "k" series(at least 3 years as you are after all spending 17000 on a processor)6 cores probably be the norm & z68/sandy bridge/ivy bridge will be long gone.

Thanks buddy !
It's the suggestion is what I am waiting for.....which don't confuse me and more practical.

Ok, it's looks like a roller-coaster ride of the opinions but can't help with it...:unsure: -
I don't willing to take a risk to OC my new rig and hence I think it's better to go with i7 2600 instead of K version of it.

Can anyone suggest me good motherboard for i7 2600 for good stability and performance.Should I still go for Z68 or not? Then which one ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
buying a z68 mobo for a non-k processor is not recommended.H67 mobo from intel is good for its price(DH67CLB3 for ~5400).you can also look for H67 based mobo from asus & gigabyte but intel one is recommended by many for its price & performance.just make sure you get B3 version as earlier versions have sata problems.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hello,

I am also from same field ! I would suggest you to get a quadro fx graphic card.
It takes less rendering time than others, and the best quality.
That means you'll get vRay photorealistic images in less time and best quality.
These graphic card are built for mainly rendering purpose. Games like NFS Run and COD MW4 are not possible in it. But your games will run perfectly, Also in animation industry all studios are using nVidea Quadro Fx.

Quadro 380 will suit to your budget. Thats my openion.

Thanks.

-----------------
See my Rig thread
I'll clear one thing for you. If you are comparing a a Fermi-based nVidia consumer GPU (GTX 400/500) with a Fermi-based Quadro, Fermi-based Quadro will be much much faster. Reason? nVidia has crippled the 3ds Max/Maya viewport performance of the consumer driver. So, that people go for Quadro and nVidia makes a lot more $$$$$$.

GTX series and Quadro are essentially the same chip. Ever wondered?

AMD gives FirePro (professional) and Radeon (consumer). Radeon's performance in Maya/3ds Max Viewports might be slightly low compared to FirePro, but they aren't crippled by AMD in any sense. it's just that FirePro drivers are more stable and fine tuned for renderring apps.

My suggestion for you, instead of wasting money on a Quadro, pick up an AMD Radeon graphic card.

Heck, pick up a FirePro instead of Quadro if you are too "professional" tag conscious. Quadros are only better in price tags which don't matter. FirePro V7900 is almost a Quadro 5000. and HD 6950 is almost a V7900 minus a stable "professional" driver.

Every thing said and done, AMD graphic cards can power 4 monitors at once - more work space. nVidia (whether GTX or Quadro) can only power two in general.

Thanks buddy !
It's the suggestion is what I am waiting for.....which don't confuse me and more practical.

Ok, it's looks like a roller-coaster ride of the opinions but can't help with it...:unsure: -
I don't willing to take a risk to OC my new rig and hence I think it's better to go with i7 2600 instead of K version of it.

Can anyone suggest me good motherboard for i7 2600 for good stability and performance.Should I still go for Z68 or not? Then which one ?
I'm replying in reference to your e-mail. :)

No. Go for i7-2600K only.

My suggestion is this:
Intel i7-2600K
Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3

Why K? Simply because you'll be bale to overclock it after two-three years down the line if you think it isn't fast enough any more. For a difference of Rs. 1500, it's better to get the K version only. To even it out, let's be practical and spend less on the cabinet. NZXT Gamma for Rs. 2200 is fine. :) Hard Disk prices are very high at the moment, so buying anything more than 500 GB doesn't make sense for me.

Differences between all chipsets of Intel are explained here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-mothe...sandy-bridge-lga-1155-motherboard-thread.html

I'll be honest, multi-threaded performance of FX-8120 is between i5-2500K and i7-2600K. I waited for FX-8120 to get launched and didn't buy it because of its power consumption. Power consumption will make a difference if you are going to keep your processor stressed for long periods. FX-8120 a good processor for its price though. But AMD hasn't got their new architecture completely right.

Spending extra on i7-2600K is justified over i5-2500K for your purpose imho.

Second, if you want to get a graphic card, buy AMD HD 7850/7870 after they come in India and prices get settled. GPU will be needed when you run Viewports in Maya/3ds max.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Hi Guys,

As conclusion of the (most of) suggestions / opinions posted here, I am now concentrating on i7 2600k for sure; But it's still hurting my wallet guys.

ico suggest -
Code:
Intel i7-2600K
Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3

Actually, P8Z68 V/GEN3 has received very good reviews on various Neutral and Genuine sites.:mrgreen: It is ready for next gen Ivy Bridge with PCIe 3.0 and very stable & solid for OC. But it's 13 to 14k on various sites.

Meanwhile I have found:shock: two similar mobo to P8Z68 V/GEN3 from Gigabyte's stable -
  • GA-Z68XP-UD3 GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.3)

• GA-Z68XP-UD3R GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68XP-UD3R (rev. 1.3)

And these two mobo's priced 10.5 to 12k on various sites.

What you think about them?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
practical benefit of having pci-e 3.0 currently is same as running a 7200rpm conventional hard disk on a sata 3 port or in other words zero.more so for someone not planning on buying a Rs.35000 & above card for playing games after 1-1.5 years.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
practical benefit of having pci-e 3.0 currently is same as running a 7200rpm conventional hard disk on a sata 3 port or in other words zero.more so for someone not planning on buying a Rs.35000 & above card for playing games after 1-1.5 years.

So, do you think it's not a worth to invest in a mobo which is compatible for Ivy Bridge? Should I go for mobo that have good OC compatibility but not in exchange of extra price? Like you already suggested - GIGABYTE Z68AP-D3, Biostar TZ68K+ , ASUS P8Z68-M PRO or any other?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ivy-bridge is compatible with socket 1155.it is pci-e which is not worth the premium.also as it has already been discussed getting an i7 2600k is meant only to get at least 4-5 yrs out of it with its overclocking capabilities after 2-3 yrs if it feels slow(not even sure if it will happen).by the time you eventually feel an overclocked i7 2600k slow ivy bridge will be long gone & 8/12 core processors will be the norm.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Ok !

I think I have figure out (....haha der aaye durust aaye) that I can't spend more than 12k on mobo due to compact budget of 60k :)shock:).

Which mobo should I buy then for i7 2600k?

I have few in mind though -
  • Asus P8Z68 M-PRO
  • Asus P8Z68-V LE
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R

What you think? Any other mobo ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
wait for comments from experienced members like ico regarding z68 boards.i can search for reviews & can tell you that after sales support of gigabyte is much better than asus but asus mobos usually have higher quality.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I chose Asus because it has the best UEFI implementation. Both Gigabyte and Asus are solid companies though. :)

Where do you live? If you are in Kolkata/West Bengal, don't go for Asus. Otherwise you can.

Go with Asus P8Z68-V like I suggested before. If you find the Gen 3 version, it's fine as well.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
ico is right... 2600k is the right choice..!!

u cud also look into this option...
Gigabyte X79-UD3 + Core i7 3820(limited OC to 4.625GHz) it is for same price...

also use lots of ram and go for an ssd/hdd raid/ramdisk it really helps a lot in rendering systems....

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Where do you live? If you are in Kolkata/West Bengal, don't go for Asus. Otherwise you can.

Go with Asus P8Z68-V like I suggested before. If you find the Gen 3 version, it's fine as well.

I am from Nashik.......200km or 3Hours from Mumbai and Pune...... it's a Metro but not big as Mumbai/Pune.

Let me get straight it's Asus P8Z68-V / V-GEN3 right?
OR it's Asus P8Z68-V LE?
As earlier say I am tight on budget here.....only 11-12k max for mobo..... and Asus P8Z68-V / V-PRO / V-GEN3 are above 14k.
But both Gigabyte I have mentioned earlier......Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 / Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R..... are in my range.
What can be done?

u cud also look into this option...
Gigabyte X79-UD3 + Core i7 3820(limited OC to 4.625GHz) it is for same price...

I not sure but I think it will be over-budget. (only 60k :shock:)

Thanks !

Top Bottom