New PC <36k

Status
Not open for further replies.

purvabh

Right off the assembly line
I'm a 17 year old , live in Baroda(if that makes any difference) and plan to assemble my own PC (skills are not a problem, or so I hope..........I’ve ripped apart my old system down to its screws enough times but I’ll have a pro tech support guy anyways) and am basically doing this half for kicks and also because I believe its cheaper(Correct me if I’m wrong). While I know it sounds funny for this price bracket, but I’d want a PC that can run games near-decently <not too much eye candy or HDR but a decent 50 fps or so>. Also, considering the experience with my last PC (the current one i.e.......P4 2.5 GHz,256 RAM, NO Gfx card and a measly 845GV with just 40 GB of storage) , I'd love it if it could be at least future safe if not future proof. A 19" Widescreen TFT with good-ish performance is a must, as would be a Core 2 Duo, though as I’ve been out of touch since some time, I don’t know if that’s a wise decision. So basically I want some help regarding what components should I choose in a way such that I can game a bit too and yet remain below my limit of Rs.36,000. I already have a cabinet, mice, keyboard speakers and also an optical drive and hence don't require any of these , though I think I do need a new SMPS as mine is a generic 250W.

In short I need a (wide:D )screen, processor, a <obviously compatible> mobo, RAM (should this be faster and consequently lesser, or should it be the other way round ?), a HDD (250 GB should suffice) and if my budget still allows it (as in one that actually makes some difference.......price can be stretched a BIT), a graphics card. Also would a dual channel configuration be better, and if so how much of difference would it make, both in terms of performance and price.I’ve heard many mobo’s feature capable onboard graphics systems these days, so whats the thing on these systems v/s a a cheap standalone Gfx card (only ones that fit my budget of course).

Cheers

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
We alredy have a Deidacated thread under hardware section on New Configs to Cover up all these new never editing threads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom