New Office PC For Budget Of 20,000 Rs

Hello Digitians this is my second office build in this year. You guys had helped me a lot in choosing my first pc config last month and that build was liked by my friends so much that 2 more of them have ordered the same build:) In fact, I have typed this post on my new pc!
I am going to add a graphics card to turn it from a office pc to high end gaming rig:-D

Now I am thinking to upgrade one of the old (15 yrs!!) pc but this time the budget is only 20,000 rs.
I have a new lg lcd 17" monitor and new keyboard mouse combo on the old pc but all the remaining components are too old to be usable.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Only for running an accounting software called "genius" which uses less than 500 MB in space and for web browsing. No gaming whatsoever.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: In the 20,000 range. I am open to cheaper builds if a cheaper config fulfills my needs.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 32 bit (already have the os).

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Even 60 GB is more than enough for me, and I am not joking. I have a relatively empty external hard disk of 500 GB for storage purposes. Actually the exact requirements are OS space + 20 extra GBs for other apps and storage.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a relatively new lg lcd 17" monitor so I don't require a monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, keyboard and mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Now.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will take help of assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in Surat, Gujarat. I always prefer to buy online if a component is cheaper online, than the local market.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: In short, everything which goes in the cabinet and the cabinet itself, is required.

Thanks to digit for providing a forum to seek help from the experts.
Kindly help me in building my second pc.
Thank you!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
g3220 - 3.3k
gigabyte h81m s2ph - 4.2k
kingston hyperx fury 2gb - 1.8k.
wd blue 500 gb- 3k. infact 1tb is available for 3.5k
asus odd -1k
seasonic ss400bt - 2.4k/antec vp450p - 2.5k/antec bp300p - 1.8k
cooler master elite 311 -2.3k/ deepcool tesseract -2.7k

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
g3220 - 3.3k
kingston hyperx fury 2gb - 1.8k.
wd blue 500 gb- 3k. infact 1tb is available for 3.5k
asus odd -1k
seasonic ss400bt - 2.4k/antec vp450p - 2.5k/antec bp300p - 1.8k
cooler master elite 311 -2.3k/ deepcool tesseract -2.7k

OP can cut costs by using a second hand HDD if he wants. or maybe if he wants performance, he can go with a 64GB SSD.

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
g3220 - 3.3k

I cannot find gigabyte h81m s2ph anywhere. All sites have h81 s1. Can you please post a link to the s2ph motherboard?
The g3220 is also available for atleast 3.6k.
Can I use antec bp300p psu with local iball, intex or zebronics cabinets?

- - - Updated - - -

OP can cut costs by using a second hand HDD if he wants. or maybe if he wants performance, he can go with a 64GB SSD.

You are right, I also was thinking of using a 64 gb ssd... Can you suggest a good one?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i would recommend atleast 120gb. you can have samsung 840 evo 120 gb for 5k. it is much faster compared to the drives available at similar cost.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot find gigabyte h81m s2ph anywhere. All sites have h81 s1. Can you please post a link to the s2ph motherboard?
The g3220 is also available for atleast 3.6k.
Can I use antec bp300p psu with local iball, intex or zebronics cabinets?

if you cant find s2ph, you can get s2pv. you will miss hdmi whereas you get dvi.
you can use antec bp300p on any local cabinet.

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
I just finished my complete rig with the following components:
Intel g3220 pentium 4th gen
Gigabyte h81m ds2
Samsung evo 250 gb ssd
Corsair vengeance 4 gb ram
Antec bp300p psu
Antec v1 cabinet
Lg optical drive

My cabinet has one front usb 3 port but my motherboard doesn't support front usb 3:-( Is there a workaround for this??

P.S.: Snapdeal sent me 250 gb instead of 120 gb ssd I ordered:-D

Last edited:

napsterv

Journeyman
My cabinet has one front usb 3 port but my motherboard doesn't support front usb 3:-( Is there a workaround for this??

Nopes. :|

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

USB 3.0 19 pin to USB 2.0 Adapter Cable (Internal) -664.

Link:Amazon.com: Silverstone Tek Internal 19-Pin USB3.0 to USB2.0 Adapter Cable (G11303050-RT): Computers & Accessories

- - - Updated - - -

From Which seller in snapdeal did you buy it?

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
I meant there are 4 sellers right, 1)Data Solutions 2)Prime ABGB Pvt Ltd 3)Sft India Ltd 4)BCPL. Who among these?

Link: Buy Samsung 120 GB 2.5 inch 840 EVO SATAIII SSD @ % Discount | Snapdeal
Now the seller seems to have stopped selling it. I ordered from softek surya.
I ordered it on 26 july 2014

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

congrats :D and you got so lucky there :p
post some pics :)

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
congrats :D and you got so lucky there :p
post some pics :)

damn lucky guy :D :p

BTW pics of the new rig? :p

Thanks to you all because of whom I got to know what ssd is!:p
I think snapdeal gave me a friendship day gift:razz:
Sorry to post late (was out of station) but my mobile camera is horrible, so clicked from ipad.:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
The new pc is the one with no stickers in front of cabinet, the pc bought 1 month earlier is with stickers on cabinet:
image.jpg
image.jpg

The cabinet's inside is not great to look as this was my second assembly and the cables are present everywhere:p

Last edited:
Top Bottom