new mobo for 2500k.

dibya_kol

In the zone
ok, i am done with biostar's survice and now i dicided to buy a new mobo for my 2500k cpu. I have two (1600) rams also. Now suggest me a new mobo within 7000/- range. I don't like asus for their poor service. Suggest me between intel and gigabyte.

Thanks in advancd ..

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ +1 for g1 sniper. In 7000 range you will have to opt for biostar as pointed out by funskar. No other decent overclockable motherboard is present at that price point.

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
yes i know. But i can't go above 7k ATM. Yes may be i have to forget abt oc but i am ready to accept this.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
yes i know. But i can't go above 7k ATM. Yes may be i have to forget abt oc but i am ready to accept this.
You need to increase your budget to get good motherboard. It is not a component that you can opt for a cheap one, or same thing will happens as what is happening now.. problem after problem.
@7K you don'r get anything better than cheapo boards from Asrock or Biostar or even DFI.
Talking about gigabyte, GA-Z77P-D3 @9.5K is the minimum choice for you.
Or, G1 Sniper @11.3K would be the best choice IMO.

Intel Z68/Z77 board?? Avoid it!!!

P.S. This is why I don't like Biostar. Pathetic serice coupled with low quality. Nice to see that at least one person is getting the scope to feel the reality.

Sell your old biostar tz68k n add that money odawise get gigabyte b75 or h77 mobo undr 7k

B75 or H77 isn't an option for 2500K due to inferior power phase design. If overclocking is done by mistake using software, nobody knows what will happen to the board.

funskar

Padawan
You need to increase your budget to get good motherboard. It is not a component that you can opt for a cheap one, or same thing will happens as what is happening now.. problem after problem.
@7K you don'r get anything better than cheapo boards from Asrock or Biostar or even DFI.
Talking about gigabyte, GA-Z77P-D3 @9.5K is the minimum choice for you.
Or, G1 Sniper @11.3K would be the best choice IMO.

Intel Z68/Z77 board?? Avoid it!!!

P.S. This is why I don't like Biostar. Pathetic serice coupled with low quality. Nice to see that at least one person is getting the scope to feel the reality.

B75 or H77 isn't an option for 2500K due to inferior power phase design. If overclocking is done by mistake using software, nobody knows what will happen to the board.

Btw he mentioned he can forget abt oc if there is no gud ocable mobo udner 7k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

how come one will even OC a cpu on B75/H77/H67 ?? this chipsets don't has support for OC and talking about quality - you are just getting paranoid - H67/B75/H77 can handle core core i7 2600, core i7 3770 so why can't they handle the K series cpus ??

@ OP - for a ~7k mobo GA-H77-DS3H is good enough.

funskar

Padawan
how come one will even OC a cpu on B75/H77/H67 ?? this chipsets don't has support for OC and talking about quality - you are just getting paranoid - H67/B75/H77 can handle core core i7 2600, core i7 3770 so why can't they handle the K series cpus ??

@ OP - for a ~7k mobo GA-H77-DS3H is good enough.

You can checkout tomshardware for oc on h77/h67/b75 mobo

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ right .. but that's called limited OC and even if Op is going to OC the max the cpu can go is ~3.8 Ghz

now, most H series mobo offers absolutely no or very limited control over voltage/other settings required for OC as they are not for OCing cpus and if one gets a qulaity H series mob it's safe to mount a quad core cpu on it and the mobo I've suggested has 5+1 VRM design - for mobos priced lower than this and less VRM one better play safe and keep the settings in check.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Op is prepare to scarifice the OC .. so no point in discussing on it anymre .. all he wants/needs is a good H series motherboard.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ - Op wants to get either Intel or Gigabyte and GA-H77-DS3H looks like a good mobo hence recommended this one.

BTW, do check the RMA Experience Thread.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My biostar is still kicking though, so if there are quality issues I am not seeing them.....Anyway, at 7K try looking for an MSI H77 board.

OP
dibya_kol

dibya_kol

In the zone
My biostar is still kicking though, so if there are quality issues I am not seeing them.....Anyway, at 7K try looking for an MSI H77 board.

Sorry for late reply .. My mobo is now in mumbai, head office of abacus india. Thay r testing it and will give me feedback on monday. I think i should wait for few days for the result,shouldn't i ? If they send me the same mobo then i will look for new one .. And can u send me ur bios ?

Thanks for the replies guys ..

Top Bottom