New mobile within 12k budget for dad

coolnikhil

Broken In
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new mobile for my dad. He is using an iPhone 5c and is in need for a secondary smartphone in around 10-12k budget. Camera quality is not an issue but he needs a phone which is slim and fast and which wont lag on normal usage. There are no other requirements as such.

I'm filling the questionnaire for a simple overview of my needs.
1. Budget- 10-12k
2. Display type and size- Good sunlight visiblity and 4 inches preferred and not more than 4.5 inches
3. Form Factor- Bar and slim mobile
4. Preferred choice of brand- Any reputed brands
5. Preferred input method- Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want- Flash needed and mega pixels doesn't matter.
7. Preferred operating system- Windows, Android
8. Preferred connectivity options- All possible options
9. Preferred applications- Not really but GPS is must
10. Primary use of handsetSecondary mobile with only calling and whatsapp mostly used
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration- Lumia 525 or Lumia 630 currenty
12. Any other info that you want to share-

Requirement 1: Slim and Sleek mobile
Requirement 2: Good signal reception,
Requirement 3: Good battery and
Requirement 4: Lagless operation

I am planning to make the purchase in next 1 week. Can't wait any more for any other new models.

giprabu

In the zone
If you are ready to compromise on flash, go for lumia 630.

*www.ebay.in/itm/Nokia-Lumia-630-Dual-Sim-Windows-Phone-Yellow.

Use the coupon 2014TECHCD and buy at 10.6k....

OP
coolnikhil

coolnikhil

Broken In
Guys actually Moto G and E are a little thick for his taste. He wants a sleek looking phone and one without round curves. He wants something like xperia M or lumia phones.

OP
coolnikhil

coolnikhil

Broken In
Hey guys anyone know where to get the flipkart ebooks offer and the goodies that were being said at the time of launch of Lumia 630.
One more thing is 512 MB RAM sufficient for fluid UI transitions and lag free usage.?

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Hey guys anyone know where to get the flipkart ebooks offer and the goodies that were being said at the time of launch of Lumia 630.
One more thing is 512 MB RAM sufficient for fluid UI transitions and lag free usage.?
Today's Windows phone is always lag free irrespective of its ram.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
^Lenovo are not good for long term and what they do is they flood the market with and forgets to update their fones so lenovo is not worth

sushovan

In the zone
^Lenovo are not good for long term and what they do is they flood the market with and forgets to update their fones so lenovo is not worth
have you ever used any lenovo phone? do you even know Lenovo owns Motorola currently? you must be among those who doesnt know the difference between MMX,Xolo and Huawei,Lenovo :rofl:

matrixx

Journeyman
Have a serious look at Lenovo S660. Its a great VFM at the price of 12K now :)

I visited shop & play 660/650/820/780 n numbers of times. Lenovo build quality, screen reflections and u/i are awesome in their category phones.

What stop me is mediatek processor with Mali GPU & bit upset why company like Lenovo not opt snapdragon CPU. No offence to mediatek as dont have any experience but my personal choice to go with snapdragon with andreno always.

Otherwise, Lenovo far ahead then Gionee, Xolo, MMX, Samsung ( in comparative models) without a doubt. Go for it.

660- FM Radio missed. Bluetooth 4.0 version, Sturdy look
650 - same as 660 but with FM radio, nice crafting slim & light body

My choice was anyday S 820 among all lenovo in my 15k budget. 13mp CAM, quick & super smooth interface...unique phone...but damn that mediatek CPU...

Top Bottom