New Mobile Using Two Technologies Simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiluGeek

Broken In
hello guys their is one Mobile Phone manufactured by samsung, it came on ndtv india and last months my mobile magazine also 1 reader mentioned it, It has both the technologies GSM and CDMA 2000, one can switch fromm Airtel to rim/tata and vice versa, does any one know its model no.thanks, it has not yet come in india.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Spice has also launched such phone.
One which allows you to insert two GSM sims in the same phone at same time and the other which allows you to insert one CDMA and one GSM SIM at same time , and it costs just Rs. 9849(MRP when it is launched_ and price would fall very shortly

OP
N

NiluGeek

Broken In
Hello guys

samsung duo is not a good phone, secondly you have to compulsorily take tata indicom network, which is not fair,there should be a handset which can use two gsm technologies simultaneously, right now there is scope for cdma and gsm only...............

ThinkFree

Technomancer
NiluGeek said:
samsung duo is not a good phone, secondly you have to compulsorily take tata indicom network, which is not fair,there should be a handset which can use two gsm technologies simultaneously, right now there is scope for cdma and gsm only...............

ankurgupta.me said:
I guess Spice ones dont have such restriction...

Spice d88 is a dual technology phone with one slot for GSM sim and other for CMDA. Spice D80 has two sim slots both of which are for GSM sims. But not knowing if both connections can work at the same time or not

sandeepk

Journeyman
asnvin said:
Spice d88 is a dual technology phone with one slot for GSM sim and other for CMDA. Spice D80 has two sim slots both of which are for GSM sims. But not knowing if both connections can work at the same time or not
I think you can operate only one connection at a given time. It lets you choose between which network to choose when you want to make a call. Also it shows when you recieve a call which network it is coming from. I don't think that it will let you use both networks simultaneously. Somebody already using the phone can tell you better.

sandeepk

Journeyman
No this is about a series of phones launched which support 2 sim cards. Nokia 6233 does not support this. These type of phones are just launched in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom