New mobile for my mom

anarchy0x

In the zone
The first priority is good sound, the sound must be loud enough to listen to songs when on speakers.

1. Budget? About 15K but can go up if necessary
2. Display type and size? At least close to that of Xiomi Redmi note 4G... 5.5-inch (13.97 centimeters) 1280 x 720 pixels resolution...
3. Dual sim? Not necessary
4. Preferred choice of brand? None
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Any will do
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android, but I'm open to other OS if they support Whatsapp but they must be user friendly as my mom isn't sharp when it comes to using mobiles..would be nice if i could get both the options

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G ready would be nice as it's future proof
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Listening to music & chatting on whatsapp, would be nice to have a good image quality
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
10. Any other info that you want to share:[/FONT]
Internal memory should be at least 16GB

sanjayk

Right off the assembly line
Try the Samsung Galaxy J5 on Flipkart. It's got AMOLED screen but is only 8GB.
Good features and at a price of Rs. 11,999, its irresistible!

Get her lumia 640xl or Moto g3. Don't even consider a samdung phone for her. She'll get frustrated with frequent lag. ;)

Samsung phones don't lag nowadays...

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=21419]anarchy0x[/MENTION] : I'll suggest you to take a look at Moto G3 2GB RAM version (I know its a 5" device)

If you want a 5.5" device, then check these:
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Black 16 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com
Good camera, not the best in the range though. I suggested S410 version because it will provide better battery life compared to S615

Honor 4X Price in India - Buy Honor 4X Black 8 Online - Honor : Flipkart.com
One of the best cameras under 10k, good battery life (my dad has it) but has dated OS (4.4) & just 8GB internal memory (3.1GB usable)

Lenovo K3 Note Price in India - Buy Lenovo K3 Note Black 16 Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Overall a good phone. I don't know much about its camera. Battery life will be a bit less than 4X because of 1080p screen

Off Topic : I just noticed that flipkart removed the compare feature (a feature they couldn't integrate into their app). So it seems they are going to jump to app only, which is bad

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Samsung phones don't lag nowadays...

Initially maybe. After a few months, lag would be present. This is touchwiz we are talking about. Unless op flashes an AOSP based ROM, which BTW would defeat the purpose of having the phone for his mom, not even Samsung can be sure of 0% lag.

Top Bottom