New lenovo Y500 shown up

$hadow

Geek in making
A new version of lenovo y500 has shown up in US market and now lenovo had stopped gt650 m usage and has started using 750m instead of that. Here check out this link.
Lenovo Y500 Specs | IdeaPad Laptop Tech Specs | Lenovo (US)

Hrishi

Isn't that the same Re-Branded kepler GPU with a 5-10% difference ? Assuming that same series gt730m ~GT640m.

sanemate

Broken In
A new version of lenovo y500 has shown up in US market and now lenovo had stopped gt650 m usage and has started using 750m instead of that. Here check out this link.

Come on, I got my Y500 4 days back :(

sankar

Broken In
i see two difference.
one is GT 750M
other is Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230. i think intel wireless video is now available with this model just like S5-P550PSC earlier this was not available.

Hrishi

If its a SLI GT750m GDDR5 then graphic performance will surely be eye-candy.As per NBCHK , GDDR5 GT750m~GTX660m.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker

But not sure when will the new y500 hit the Indian market.. Indian version still has gt650m only:mad:

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Isn't that the same Re-Branded kepler GPU with a 5-10% difference ? Assuming that same series gt730m ~GT640m.

750m is the rebranded 660m graphic card

But not sure when will the new y500 hit the Indian market.. Indian version still has gt650m only:mad:

It will be coz yesterday I was in talk with a lenovo sales rep and he told me about it so I checked US site

Good but I think it will take atleast 2-3 months to get officially launched here as Y500 came after 3 months & Y580 never came here.
Lenovo should take more interest in Indian market. People here bought Y500 even after knowing that it has faulty touch pad. So they must understand the importance of gaming laptops in Indian market & launch newer ones quickly.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Good but I think it will take atleast 2-3 months to get officially launched here as Y500 came after 3 months & Y580 never came here.
Lenovo should take more interest in Indian market. People here bought Y500 even after knowing that it has faulty touch pad. So they must understand the importance of gaming laptops in Indian market & launch newer ones quickly.

+1

Also what will be the price with gt 750m? Will it increase?

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Well there will be no launch in this case. Lenovo ceased using y500 with 650m and is now selling it for about 799$. Now the new is priced at same as earlier prices. We can see this model by the start of may afaik.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
750m is the rebranded 660m graphic card

It will be coz yesterday I was in talk with a lenovo sales rep and he told me about it so I checked US site

No, GT 750m DDR3 is expected to give the same performance as GTX 660m
however, the GDDR5 version will likely outperform or at-least give similar performance to GTX 670m

sanemate

Broken In
Also, does it mean, for guys who wanetd to go for 650m unltrabay, should hurry up as it might be out of stock in US soon. Otherwise, can one combine 650m with 750m in SLI?

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Also, does it mean, for guys who wanetd to go for 650m unltrabay, should hurry up as it might be out of stock in US soon. Otherwise, can one combine 650m with 750m in SLI?

750m has a different sli with its own. Secondly sli is suffering from a lot of micro shuttering that is why lenovo has moved away from 650m sli.

It would be great if Lenovo starts selling ultrabay components.
Also putting mSATA in our laptop would be great but I don't think mSATA drives are available in India? Any idea

Top Bottom