New graphics card and monitor for gaming (decent budget)

sub-zero

Right off the assembly line
I have a Dell ST2240l monitor which I think lacks in terms of quality, both color and clarity wise as well as framerate wise.
I also have a GTX 680.

Now I am looking to sell these and acquire a better monitor and card.

1. MONITOR:
Need a monitor under 35k, that supports 120+ Hz, and preferably a resolution of 1440p. If I am not mistaken all such panels are TN only, except Korean ones, Catleap, Qnix etc which are IPS but unavailable in India. Also, is it worth waiting for Gsync monitors in India?

2. GRAPHICS CARD:
Confused between GTX 970 (that I may or may not SLI later), a GTX 980 (which is expensive but i'm thinking SLI can be troublesome to get to work correctly), or waiting for a 980 Ti which will be the absolute best, and the prices of the 980 may drop in coming months.

My purpose is gaming and gaming only.

The current monitor and GPU are very capable. It's not worth the money to get a new pair. Try calibrating your monitor for better colors.

OP
S

sub-zero

Right off the assembly line
The current monitor and GPU are very capable. It's not worth the money to get a new pair. Try calibrating your monitor for better colors.

You think so? I think I will atleast upgrade from GTX 680 to 970, because I can still sell the GTX 680 for a decent amount and would have to add just around 10k more to upgrade to 970 right now, whereas later its value might drop. If I can sell the monitor too, then I would atleast like to know what 144hz 1440p options I would have to upgrade to.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There are no 144 hz 1440p monitors available in india, the cheapest option for you is ASUS PB278Q which had the lowest cost of around 44K (Try SMCINTERNATIONAL)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
if you want to change the monitor you can go for what Nerevarine said but dont waste money by changing your GPU. It'll last for a year atleast.

Top Bottom