New graphics card and bottleneck query. Help needed.

phrick

Broken In
1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Tagan Stonerock 600 Watts SMPS.

2. What is your budget?
Ans: Rs. 23k (absolute max)

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: never less than 1920x1080. Although I might downsample from 2560x1440.

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.2GHz
Kingston Hyper X 1600MHz 2x4GB
Gainward GTX 660 Ti
AOC i2276VWM
=========================================
Please Read:
I was considering a Radeon R9 290 from ibhejo for Rs. 22k; how much do you think would it get bottlenecked by my FX 6300 4.2GHz. Also, I am willing to get it to 4.5GHz or 4.6GHz if it would help lessen the bottleneck. Please recomment the graphics card assuming my FX 6300 @ 4.5GHz.
And if it helps I play single player only.
Thank you.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Add another 5k and buy this:

Zotac GTX 970 4GB -27214.

Link:ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB - Buy Graphics Card Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

OP
P

phrick

Broken In
Add another 5k and buy this:

Zotac GTX 970 4GB -27214.

Link:ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB - Buy Graphics Card Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

Thank you bssunil for prompt reply. Did you read my query? I only do have just an FX 6300 cpu, wouldn't you think a GTX 970 would bottleneck it more than the R9 290, I was thinking of getting from ibhejo? Do you think the GTX 970 you recommended to hold well with my FX 6300 @ 4.5GHz?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thank you bssunil for prompt reply. Did you read my query? I only do have just an FX 6300 cpu, wouldn't you think a GTX 970 would bottleneck it more than the R9 290, I was thinking of getting from ibhejo? Do you think the GTX 970 you recommended to hold well with my FX 6300 @ 4.5GHz?

It will hold well if it is OCed to 4.5Ghz I think or wait for other members suggestions...

The FX-6300 equals an i5 2500K, and performs better with games that utilize all 6 cores, so it should be fine for gaming, might benefit from a good overclock of 4.5Ghz to 5Ghz.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first go through this thread as it seems spending on 970 with fx300 is not recommended.
*forums.geforce.com/default/topic/810578/stuttering-on-gtx-970-with-amd-fx-6300-/

[MENTION=105611]bssunil[/MENTION],from above link
The FX-6300 equals an i5 2500K, and performs better with games that utilize all 6 cores, so it should still be fine for gaming, might benefit from a good overclock though.
just a coincidence or that was your source too,just curious.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
first go through this thread as it seems spending on 970 with fx300 is not recommended.
*forums.geforce.com/default/topic/810578/stuttering-on-gtx-970-with-amd-fx-6300-/

@bssunil ,from above link

No I knew that FX 6300 equals i5 2500K when overclocked to 4.5Ghz as I myself used to have FX8320 overclocked to 4.6Ghz in 2013.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
660 ti is already a good card . overclocking your cpu might yield better(but could be smaller) increment in fps. which mobo do you have?

OP
P

phrick

Broken In
It will hold well if it is OCed to 4.5Ghz I think or wait for other members suggestions...

The FX-6300 equals an i5 2500K, and performs better with games that utilize all 6 cores, so it should be fine for gaming, might benefit from a good overclock of 4.5Ghz to 5Ghz.

Will definitely try for 4.5GHz with a better cooler but not 5 GHz that should be impossible with my motherboard.

[MENTION=105611]bssunil[/MENTION],from above link

Whitestar I am on a tight budget but would still like to upgrade, I know there would be bottleneck but the guy on your link was @4GHz and I would definitely be 4.5GHz or more; do you think the oc would lessen that bottleneck?
I really want to upgrade but a new cpu/mobo from Intel is just out of reach for me. I can live with a little stutter; what do you suggest?

Gainward gtx 970 is available for ~23k in Nehru Place.
Is that so? That less! Would you by any means know the model of the gtx970: is it the phantom version. Heard its furmark proof (?)
660 ti is already a good card . overclocking your cpu might yield better(but could be smaller) increment in fps. which mobo do you have?
I have the Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Will definitely try for 4.5GHz with a better cooler but not 5 GHz that should be impossible with my motherboard.

Whitestar I am on a tight budget but would still like to upgrade, I know there would be bottleneck but the guy on your link was @4GHz and I would definitely be 4.5GHz or more; do you think the oc would lessen that bottleneck?
I really want to upgrade but a new cpu/mobo from Intel is just out of reach for me. I can live with a little stutter; what do you suggest?

Is that so? That less! Would you by any means know the model of the gtx970: is it the phantom version. Heard its furmark proof (?)

I have the Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard.

Its not the phantom version i suppose. Its there in the Cost to Cost price list for 22.9k before taxes. You may be able to find the card at a lower price if you search in the market.

OP
P

phrick

Broken In
Could someone say, if this price for Asus Strix 970 is including taxes?
ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 Review | Digit.in
Thank you!

Top Bottom