New Gaming Rig!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
Every single person shouts that 720p is marketing gimmic for HD def and that real HD is 1080p.

anyways, I can't explain anymore. I clearly know the real advantages of 24" display and when I make the change, I go for a 24" display.

If you think of buying a huge display for a PC think again, buying a 32" TV and 32" computer monitor is totally different.

24" computer monitor is a pretty good in terms of size and something like 30" and above will be really hard on your eye and you have to sit few feet away from the display and use wireless k/b and mouse. And it will be totally destructive.

That is why 24" hits the sweet spot of best VFM FullHD display for computers.

Well what can I say. I can't argue anything when you say that pic quality increases by downscaling the image. huh.

FYI, downscaling fullHD to 720p reduces the image quality. It reduced the number of pixel and that results in quality loss or compression of image.

My end of explaination!!!!

Hey,Buddy!
You got me wrong,
I meant better quality wid the GPU anti-aliasing..than the Monitor downscaling for playing 1080p on 1680x1050
And also,
I wont be able to visually perceive the difference between 1680x1050 movie and 1920x1080 content on a given 24" monitor
It's coz,while viewable area doubles,,but no of pixels just increase by 17% from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080 while shifting from 20" to 24"
so unless I have a really big screen,,like HDTV I wont perceive the 17% increase in pixels..
But,
You were rite about 30" monitors,,and those are none of my choice..
And lastly,
Best bang for buck,for me,means in terms of performance/quality increase i get for the xtra money invested and not just in terms of viewable area/cost ratio
So,
Dell US 2009W wid 5 years premium pixel warranty(one bright pixel and I get a unit replacement)is better dan Dell E248WFP(no premium pixel warranty) as the quality of the panel remains same(TN) and no other perceivable advantage.
HAd LG L246W(PVA panel) or Dell US 2498WFP been in my range,I would have blindly gone for that.

I stand corrected by any of the Digit Forum Members..As I need to make the most of my money

I've got a discounted offer for Vostro 410 thru Dell's EPP:
Core 2 Quad 6600
Vista home Basic(english/Hindi)
4 GB DDR2-800MHZ Ram
250 GB 3GB/s HDD
Nvidia geforce 8800 GT (512MB GDDR3)
Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer Soundcard
McAfee Security center-15months OEM
Microsoft Works 9.0
Dell Network Assistance-12 months
3 years NBD+ 3years Complete cover(includes Accidental Damage)"THE BEST PART"
discounted cost-41.2K ,,online price-55K
And Dell US 2009W including 5 years Premium panel warranty-13K

that means54K for descent enough rig..I could save some money while still investing remaining on dedicated 2.1+amplifier setup

P.S.:Whether it;s safe to go for DELL's EPP(Employee Purchase Program)as the billing would be in name of Dell empoyee,,whom I've known quite recently..but I would pay the company and ownership would be kinda joint.
Anybody having history of EPP,please illucidate as iam bit apprehensive.

And About the quality of Vostro 410(One review on site,,says it gets heated up as single fan cooling soln is applied) but hope it would be safe given the brand's quality and of course the all inclusive 3 years Warranty

So,guys please advise wot to do,,dell epp or go the assembled route,,

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Assembeled. Hell, you your self are shouting best-bang for buck BUT this is waste of money. Come on man, Vista Basic sux, E8400 (which I suggested) beats Q6600 to death in gaming, 250GB HDD will make sure you keep deleting music/movies coz you dont have space, 8800GT is a good card but HD4850 costs 200bux less than it and out-performs it by 20-30%.

ASSEMBLE ftw.....

E8400
MSI P45 Neo-F
4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD Caviar 640GB HDD.
Sapphire HD4850
Any Optical Drive
Creative X-FI Elite Gamer
CM690 Cabby
CM 600W PSU
Dell US 2009W (As its your choice but I suggest Dell 2208WFP)
Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1 Speakers
MX518 + Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard

This will cost around 58k and is 40-50% faster than that Dell cr@p.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^Assembeled. Hell, you your self are shouting best-bang for buck BUT this is waste of money. Come on man, Vista Basic sux, E8400 (which I suggested) beats Q6600 to death in gaming, 250GB HDD will make sure you keep deleting music/movies coz you dont have space, 8800GT is a good card but HD4850 costs 200bux less than it and out-performs it by 20-30%.

ASSEMBLE ftw.....

E8400
MSI P45 Neo-F
4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD Caviar 640GB HDD.
Sapphire HD4850
Any Optical Drive
CM690 Cabby
CM 600W PSU

+1 for assembled pc.... branded one sucks....
and config mentioned by desii bond and KPowerMania is good enough...

acewin

Point Blanc
^^^*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77481&highlight=248wfp

post #30.

Dell online price is old price.

5months ago 248wfp was 19.5k and now it is 17k approx.

dude but people are buying Dell 2208 in 16-17K with all taxes, why for when they can get 248wfp ??

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In

ASSEMBLE ftw.....

E8400
MSI P45 Neo-F
4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD Caviar 640GB HDD.
Sapphire HD4850
Any Optical Drive
CM690 Cabby
CM 600W PSU

US 2009W(newer model) or US 2208WFP-difference between price is <1k..
but,2009W has following advantages:
a) 102% Color Gamut,,so better Color reproduction than 2208
b)2000:1 dynamic contrast ratio as compared to 1000:1 typical on 2208WFP
c)5ms typical is better than 5ms(G-t-G) on 2208WFP,,or IS It the SAME??
d)0.258mmpixel pitch as compared to 0.284mm on 2208WFP
so,
Is it better to lose these quality features for a bigger display...???

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Whatever seems right to you dude.........desiibond had quite a discussion with you and I suggested what sane people are buying right now. Not its upto you. Either buy assembled or the Dell one, everything is upto you :|.

toofan

Technomancer
You better first read all the previous threads and then post your problem here. All are shouting to you but in every post you repeat the same if you have to buy then go and buy your stuff why wasting others time and energy.

8800gt inpite of hd4850
20 inch inspite of 22 inch
e6600 inspite of e8400
and many more wrong choices and still standing on your grounds.

thoda sa dimag laga or net search kar ke dekho to pata chal jayega.
Or phir 70k be budget kya dahi khareedne ke liye hai.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
First of all,,,
Toofan_nainital,,keep ur f***kin' Attitude wid urself!
FYI,u didnt read the first post clearly,ahem!
I didn't get an advice for the most important criterion that I had,,viz. d Audio Setup..And Iam planning to get some dedicated setup(15K)..as per advise on other forums",,so dat leaves how much,,u can do the math,KID:-D

Now,,lets move on to better things,,

Hey KpowerMania,
Mate I would be going with Assembled only.
i respect other people's advises,,but I need to look upon other perspectives too,,,coz it's ultimately my choice..
So thanks all for all the valuable comments you gave,,and the frustration that soared up on you,,making the point to me,,so that I dont miss on any thing..dis closeness and oneness,,as if building one's own system ,,,wasnt found on any other forums:cool:

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
Post in this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700&page=147

you will get more response.

FYI, this month Intel is going to release its new processors based on new architecture Nehalem. Wait for them. It's worth the wait.
Due to some reasons..this purchase of mine has been delayed to the 1st of october..
Will Core i7 be available..then,,???
If not ,,do I need to wait for december end for prices to stabilise,,as launch prices would be really HIGH^^^..though I dunno if I can wait,,that LONGGGGGG!!!
and is it really worth the wait in terms of Gaming performance,,coz last I knew was that GPU was the bottleneck for gaming,,and not the CPU!!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Dunno about India d00d.

And ya, if it comes the prices will be HIGH.

You better first read all the previous threads and then post your problem here. All are shouting to you but in every post you repeat the same if you have to buy then go and buy your stuff why wasting others time and energy.

8800gt inpite of hd4850
20 inch inspite of 22 inch
e6600 inspite of e8400
and many more wrong choices and still standing on your grounds.

thoda sa dimag laga or net search kar ke dekho to pata chal jayega.
Or phir 70k be budget kya dahi khareedne ke liye hai.

Dont go hard on him.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I would go with 4850,for it's VFM..and I would like to have a descent VFM Mobo than a crossfire MOBO-I have different ideology for Gfx cards upgrade!
and is Q9300 worth it's salt upGRADE from Q6600,considering that I dont plan to overclock my processor.
but that apart,you have given a good config as per my requirements...

If u have a Q6600
Then no, spend that money on the HD 4870

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
^^Dunno about India d00d.

And ya, if it comes the prices will be HIGH.

Dont go hard on him.
bt wenz d expected launch d8,,d00d!
n hw much wud b d xpected cost for core i7 mobo+ram+procii=25-30K???
is it worth the salt,,in terms of gaming performance^^^

If u have a Q6600
Then no, spend that money on the HD 4870
u gt it wrong,buddy,,iam planning to buy this config by oct1st..
n other members,,suggested E8400 over Q6600,,for gaming,,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom