New gaming rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Guys, I am planning to buy a high-end rig for gaming, 3D animation, and image editing. I may sometimes also use it as a server for our network. Looking at the current scenario, I want to opt for AMD X2 3800/4200. I have following configuration in mind.

AMD X2 3800/4200
MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum / Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe / A8N-VM-CSM
1~2GB Corsair PC3200 RAM
160/200 GB SATA
6800 GS GFX

I would like to know if you have any suggestions for a better configuration. Budget is not an issue. As of now I have 50k marked for the rig. I need not worry about rest of components like KB/mouse etc as I already have those. Suggest me a better rig in same budget if possible. Also let me know which would be the best MB & how does nForce 4 chipset compare to GeForce 6150 chipset.

Thanks people.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
First. there is no such thing as 6600GS. There is 6600GT and 6800GS. Out of the two, I would definitely have bought the 6800GS. And of the motherboards you have listed, the Asus A8N-SLI deluxe is definitely the best. But if you you are not planning on two GFX cards, this board is useless. Better choice would be Asus A8N-E.

Going for all of the above, I don't think it will be in your 50k budget. So I think the following would suffice.

AMD 3800+ X2 (if available)
Asus A8N-E
XFX 6800GS/6600GT depending on budget
1GB RAM
160GB SATA HDD.

The board I have listed above is based on the nforce4 ultra chipset, one of the best non-SLI chipset. The Geforce 6150 chipset is also good but it is having on-board graphics, so not as good as this one.

If you want to buy a SLI setup, then look no beyond the Asus A8N32-SLI deluxe. Later you can add another of the same GFX card you have bought now.

6800gs is gre8 card. but he needs hig end pc 7800 gtx is very very much better than 6800gs. 2x 6800gs= 7800GTX

AMD X2 3800/4200
MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum / Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe / A8N-VM-CSM
XFX 7800GTX
2 GB RAM
600 watt antec true power supply

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Digitized thanks for correcting me. I had thought 6800GS and entered 6600GS. :oops:

AFAIK, the configuration I have listed should be inside 50k. And chances are that I'll get the components from Singapore so it should be much cheaper.

OP
zombie

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
I guess we both have similar choices. :) Will definitely get the stuff. Once I get it, will post the prices. This monster (if I may call it so) is still good 2 months away. May be by that time, we'll have few more better options at lower prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom