New Gaming Rig Build for 50k

piyushaswani

Right off the assembly line
No I'm fine with the current budget, only doubt is i5-6400 vs i5-6500, price vs perf

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

If you cannot decide the price to performance ratio between i5-6400 and i5-6500, consider this. The price difference between 6400 and 6500 is only 1000 Rs. or so, but the base clock speed of latter is much better than base clock speed of former (3.2GHz vs 2.7 GHz). Having higher base clocks have shown to fetch better gaming results. Since both the processors have same number of cores, it shouldn't really matter running after more clock speed, but as the price difference is very low, i5-6500 seems like a better choice. Both processors also have a TDP of 565W, which further solidifies my suggestion.

And GIGABYTE B150M- D3H is not the right motherboard for you since i5-6500 will fit on a Z170 chipset compatible motherboard. Find a mobo with Z170 chipset compatibility, they have become very common since the release of skylake.

OP
A

anaklusmos

Youngling
If you cannot decide the price to performance ratio between i5-6400 and i5-6500, consider this. The price difference between 6400 and 6500 is only 1000 Rs. or so, but the base clock speed of latter is much better than base clock speed of former (3.2GHz vs 2.7 GHz). Having higher base clocks have shown to fetch better gaming results. Since both the processors have same number of cores, it shouldn't really matter running after more clock speed, but as the price difference is very low, i5-6500 seems like a better choice. Both processors also have a TDP of 565W, which further solidifies my suggestion.

And GIGABYTE B150M- D3H is not the right motherboard for you since i5-6500 will fit on a Z170 chipset compatible motherboard. Find a mobo with Z170 chipset compatibility, they have become very common since the release of skylake.
Thanks for the reply.
But every z170 mobo is much more expensive than the one I picked, so going to pass on that. And anyways, the current mobo fulfills every need I have, as neither overclocking or sli etc are needed

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

abhinavgshetti

Right off the assembly line
The reason I said haswell is that a locked 4690 has boost of 3.9 ghz, which is more than 6500 thus better performance. also the previous generation Motherboards are cheaper which seems to concern you. you can invest in a 128gb ssd instead and a case with front usb 3 just because you said to wanted performance more than anything. Since you're not overclocking any bronze rated sub 600 watt psu will do if you disable c6/c7 sleep states from the bios. Skylake is fine if you want and btw any skylake cpu will fit in a motherboard with suitable lga socket. It has nothing to do with the chipset be it b150 h170 or z170 but cheaper chipset usually lack a few features which you have to check from mobo website.

Last edited:

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
*Mod Edit: Self promotion content removed*

Configurations under 50K

Case: Cooler Master K380
CPU: Intel® 6th Gen Core™ i5-6400 Processor
Motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VDH
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
Graphic Card: MSI GeForce GTX N750Ti-2GD5/OC
PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 500 Watt