New gaming monitor for 10k

bippukt

In the zone
Hi, I want to buy a new gaming monitor for around 10k. I have a gift voucher for Flipkart, so I have to buy from there only.

These are my preferences:

1. Good for games. I play FPS, RPG, Strategy, Racing and Sport games (basically everything!).
2. 1080p resolution is good enough.
3. Colour accuracy is almost as important as the first point. This PC is used for Photo editing for a digital SLR camera - Games are still a priority though. My current monitor's biggest problem is its bad colour accuracy.
4. HDMI connectivity is very much preferred. If not possible, then DVI will do.

I have heard of three types of panels - TN, IPS and VA. Which would be best for my usage?

I have these monitors in mind - Dell S2240L, AOC I2251FW, BenQ 2420HD. But if you have any other models in mind, please do suggest.

Don't go on my signature; I have to use this with a PC that has HD 7950 VaporX :)

abhibiswas

Right off the assembly line
Go for va panel that is. Benq GW2250hm it is best. for you because it has responsiveness of tn and colour accuracy if ips and if you dont find this model go for dell s2240l

deta

Broken In
3. Colour accuracy is almost as important as the first point. This PC is used for Photo editing for a digital SLR camera - Games are still a priority though. My current monitor's biggest problem is its bad color accuracy.
If color accuracy is your big concern then go for Dell S2240l, Pros : It has a IPS panel ,HDMI port,(HDMI cable is not supplied to cut cost) audio port, native 1080p resolution, Good picture Quality and looks good . Cons Glossy ,.. since it is an IPS its response time is not as good as TN . If you want to spend a little more about 2K then you can go for BENQ GW2450HM, it has a VA panel it has better responsiveness than IPS but lower colour accuracy than IPS. Pros: 1080p resolution, Good picture Quality ,HDMI port,(HDMI cable is not supplied) good response time thanks to overdrive functionality and it has matte so no reflection . Cons: few reports of dead pixels

panwala95

In the zone
you can even try the benq g2220 @ 8.2k
it has a 22" 1080p native resolution and also natively supports hdmi and dvi d

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Thanks guys, I've ordered a Dell S2240L - Flipkart is shipping only a couple of models to me in any case.

Top Bottom