NEW gaming computer in the Makes ! #help

OP
S

smokerz123

Broken In
Also do u think i should go with amd processor or the i5 ? I mean the 8570fx is 6 cores i dont need a hexa core processor ! Do i ? I mean im not a graphic designer or smthin ! So the i5 is my choice . Tell me why the amd fx ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Also do u think i should go with amd processor or the i5 ? I mean the 8570fx is 6 cores i dont need a hexa core processor ! Do i ? I mean im not a graphic designer or smthin ! So the i5 is my choice . Tell me why the amd fx ?

I think you want to say FX-8350 as there isn't any 8570 FX Processor. No FX 8000 series are not 6 Core, they're 8 Core CPU. FX 8350 is a 8 Core CPU with 8 MB L2 + 8MB L3 Cache and runs at 4 GHz stock speed.

OP
S

smokerz123

Broken In
Im sorry , i mean the 8350 fx and i meant 8 cores and do i really need 8 cores for gaming ? And random video playback and the internet ? Umm my giess is no the i5 will suit me just fine wont it ? And will the asrock pro MoBo do ? For about 10k ?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

AT your budget, you can't accommodate 3570K plus a good Z77 motherboard (in terms of features and overclocking capability) and a good graphics card.
According to current market prices, you are 5K short to accommodate such a config. THat's why I've suggested FX-8350 over Intel so that you can have a balanced rig at your disposal with the scope for future upgradation.

And will the asrock pro MoBo do ? For about 10k ?

Whole Asrock pro series is worse than asrock extreme series.

OP
S

smokerz123

Broken In
Well thank u :) 8cores for 12k is betta than 4 cores for 14k haha :pand probably when asus was linked to asrock there motherboards were better

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The config suggested by d6bmg is perfectly balanced. As an SSD is suggested, you may get a WD Green 1TB HDD, instead of Black series and invest the savings in better quality KB/Mouse.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
You know that all i5's are partially locked right??
you can get a 3470 and overclock it to 3.8ghz on stock cooler and voltages easily.
Put the saved amount into hd 7870=gtx660ti and you will have a lote more power to tackle future games becos 7850~gtx 660 are in at most mid 40s in current titles at 1080p

In short exchange 7950 for 660ti or 7870 in hitman's build
use that money to upgrade mobo to an asrock extreme4 ;)

sunnyfun

Right off the assembly line
Lots of good advice has been shared. I would personally take the balanced build. Oh and harshilsharma63 - you've got a cool avatar!

Top Bottom