New Full HD Monitor for Programming and Movies around 10k - (Monitor bought: HP 22XW)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: New Full HD Monitor for Programming and Movies around 10k - Updated till 15k

cinema screen resolution is not 16:9,it is 1.85:1 or 2.39:1.therefore black bars will be there.

Hrishi

Re: New Full HD Monitor for Programming and Movies around 10k - Updated till 15k

Afaik , you can use aspect ratio adjustment or cropping to fill the screen.
VLC has that adjusment using S and C shortcut keys by default.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

it is not advisable as it distorts the true picture.cropping black bars simply means zooming on the visible picture while ratio adjustment usually involves stretching/shrinking.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Thanks Nerevarine for the detailed information. I don't have a dGPU (yet). Not planning to buy one either, since not into hardcore games atm.
Hence I will avoid the LG's wide screen monitor. Will go for safer choices.

Yes, not going to crop or zoom the picture. That would be very bad.

I had to goto Nehru Place tomorrow, but not sure whether the market will be open tomorrow since it's Teacher's Day and Janmasthmi.

Hrishi

Thanks Nerevarine for the detailed information. I don't have a dGPU (yet). Not planning to buy one either, since not into hardcore games atm.
Hence I will avoid the LG's wide screen monitor. Will go for safer choices.

Yes, not going to crop or zoom the picture. That would be very bad.

I had to goto Nehru Place tomorrow, but not sure whether the market will be open tomorrow since it's Teacher's Day and Janmasthmi.
The place is closed on Sunday for sure.
Public holidays , I am not sure.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Well, Nehru place was open today. And I did buy the monitor. I ended up buying HP 22XW.

I went to Cost to cost and straightaway headed to the monitor section. The picture quality of 22XW was seemingly good but I wasn't able to find the other monitor (BenQ 24 inch EW2440L and Samsung 23.6 inch LS24D390HL/XL). Those were not on display. But I did compare the picture with another AOC 25" monitor. Despite the fact that AOC monitor was bigger, I found that clarity in 22XW was better. Same clip was running on both the monitors but were not in sync for me to directly compare. Hence I requested the guy to pause the clip on one monitor, which he readily complied. So when I say I actually compared the clips I am not making this up.

The fact that I got the monitor in Rs 9440, lower than what it cost to Hrishi, made me finalize it. :p

The white look isn't all that bad. And at my home it looks bigger than what it was looking in the showroom. Here are few pics and album link below:

*i.imgur.com/inhZQVz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/JTXD9CU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/4iRM1aU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kzhhTE7.jpg

Album: HP Pavillion 22XW Monitor - Album on Imgur (Size: ~15 MB)

Thanks everyone who helped me selecting the best 1080p monitor around 10k. It cost below 10k!! :doublethumb: :D

The money I saved in monitor, I bought 4x2GB RAM of brand G.Skill Ripjaw! :D

Hrishi

Well, Nehru place was open today. And I did buy the monitor. I ended up buying HP 22XW.

I went to Cost to cost and straightaway headed to the monitor section. The picture quality of 22XW was seemingly good but I wasn't able to find the other monitor (BenQ 24 inch EW2440L and Samsung 23.6 inch LS24D390HL/XL). Those were not on display. But I did compare the picture with another AOC 25" monitor. Despite the fact that AOC monitor was bigger, I found that clarity in 22XW was better. Same clip was running on both the monitors but were not in sync for me to directly compare. Hence I requested the guy to pause the clip on one monitor, which he readily complied. So when I say I actually compared the clips I am not making this up.

The fact that I got the monitor in Rs 9440, lower than what it cost to Hrishi, made me finalize it.

The white look isn't all that bad. And at my home it looks bigger than what it was looking in the showroom. Here are few pics and album link below:

*i.imgur.com/inhZQVz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/JTXD9CU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/4iRM1aU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kzhhTE7.jpg

Album: HP Pavillion 22XW Monitor - Album on Imgur (Size: ~15 MB)

Thanks everyone who helped me selecting the best 1080p monitor around 10k. It cost below 10k!! :doublethumb: :D

The money I saved in monitor, I bought 4x2GB RAM of brand G.Skill Ripjaw! :D
:Samepinch:
Congrats!!!
So do you like the color reproduction of 22Xw ?
PS , I paid through card so add 2% extra. I got it for the same price as you but then 2% extra made it reach 9600~.

Do post a review if you like , there are barely any reviews online for a worthy monitor like this.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

:Samepinch:
Congrats!!!
So do you like the color reproduction of 22Xw ?
PS , I paid through card so add 2% extra. I got it for the same price as you but then 2% extra made it reach 9600~.

Do post a review if you like , there are barely any reviews online for a worthy monitor like this.

Well, the picture does look good in this monitor. And compared to the AOC monitor it was a bit sharp. I don't know much about color reproduction, since I am not into Photoshop or designing.

Now that you have mentioned the 2% extra on card, well I had to pay that too. So yes it actually costed me 9440 + 2% = Rs 9629. Should have mentioned that before. :p

I don't know what review I can do except posting pics and saying what I already said in my previous post, still I would think about it after some usage.

Meanwhile if you can tell me the best settings which provide good colors in this monitor that would be great. Since I am not liking the default presets available on this monitor. I selected the "Multimedia" preset where brightness is high. But that was good only for viewing multimedia content. For normal usage, the brightness seems too high. If I adjust the brightness and contrast manually I am not able to get a good balance.

Hrishi

You will have a setting called techni-color....something.
It should be at the top of the menu.
Plus , I turn on the dynamic contrast too.
And yes, the monitor is damn sharp in the price bracket.

I do hate the lack vesa mount though.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Set Technicolor preset and lowered the brightness a bit. Now the picture seems balanced.
Not sure what Dynamic contrast will result into but set it anyways.

Not a lot of people intend to wall mount their computer monitor, so lack of VESA mount isn't really a con. I know of only one person who I have seen using his computer wall mounted. He is [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]. :p

Hrishi

Set Technicolor preset and lowered the brightness a bit. Now the picture seems balanced.
Not sure what Dynamic contrast will result into but set it anyways.

Not a lot of people intend to wall mount their computer monitor, so lack of VESA mount isn't really a con. I know of only one person who I have seen using his computer wall mounted. He is [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]. :p

Yeah. I remember that pic. :lol:

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
OMG man. I was reading an article on best movies to watch somewhere online, when I accidentally clicked the Show Desktop hot corner My effing new HP monitor, 22XW gave me a mini heart attack.
Suddenly I saw my wallpaper (which is on auto rotate, so I didn't see it coming)..

*i.imgur.com/KKjwL2p.jpg

That pic felt so real, it gave me a scare!! :shock:

:p

Top Bottom