New Freeware - Behaviour Based Anti-Malware From PC Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
ThreatFire is a NEW Behaviour Based Anti-Malware From PC Tools, which offers definatin-less, realt-time protection. It claims to offer comprehensive protection against viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers & buffer overflows. Its a 14KB beta download. The shift these days is towards behavior-based protection...
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/threatfire.jpg
When minimized and working, my Vista's Task Manager showed 1.3MB and its TFService showed 2.9KB memory usage.

*www.threatfire.com/download/

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
The future is towards behavior-based protection (behavior-based protection is different from heuristics; a technique that looks for suspicious patterns in executable code) Prevx was the first in this category. CyberHawk was the 1st Vista compatible behavior-based protection but now with ThreatFire, things are moving towards that direction. SandBoxie and DefenseWall and other which work with a similar concept. Now even Panda Tru-prevent ZA, etc have incorporated them in their suites.

We still prefer defination based protection, due to our mind set. Even i use nod32. i merely posted it here those who may want to try it to see what the possible future in internet defenses may look like :)

sourav

In the zone
whatever, the idea it uses is really futureproof

But this software made my computer shutdown time to increase by 3-4 minutes, which is a lot. So, don't download
]
:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom