New Desktop PC for Clinic

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
Hi.
I think MSI Pro carbon AC is out of stock at MD computers and prime ab gb .
Should I wait for it or any other good alternative plz

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Similar to mdcomputers,both are in kolkata:
MOTHERBOARD MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

Or

Situated in Chennai:
Buy Online MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
1. ASUS GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 Phoenix Fan Edition Graphic Card PH-GTX1050TI-4G

2. AMD RYZEN 5 1600 / 3.2 GHz Socket AM4 Processor with Wraith Spire 65W cooler

3. MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC AM4 Socket Motherboard

4. G.skill Ripjaws V 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM (F4-3200C16S-8GVKB)

5. Corsair CX 450 Power Supply /Product Code: CP-9020120-UK

6. Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA Mid-Tower Gaming Case Black/Red CC-9011085-WW

7. ASUS DVD Writer

8. Windows 10 OS 64 bit “HOME”

Finally made up my mind for above specs. Budget streched a lot . Its for many years and possibly I wont be upgrading soon. I will order ALL stuff from prime abgb except MSI pro carbon AC MoBo from different dealer .
Before I place final order kindly check the list for compatibility/ suggestions plz.
Regards

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just one thing,gskill does not have an official service centre in India so in case of RMA you may have to wait weeks before getting a replacement as it will come from abroad.I suggest going with corsair or kingston/hyperx for ram as their after sales support in India is official.
Buy Online | Corsair 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 3000MHz RAM | Price in India

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Just one FYI..the chosen motherboard has 8 + 4 EPS CPU Power connector, whereas the chosen PSU CX450 has just 1 (4 + 4) EPS Power plug. Now a days you get high end PSUs that offer 2 (4 + 4) to support such boards.

Since you are not going to overclock or put excessive load on the system you should just be fine plugging in 4+4 plug in 8 Pins and leave the rest of the 4 open.

Still if you ever face issues like system not booting or may be system instability, better add molex to 4 EPS adapter to consume and draw the extra power needed from a free molex plug.

This is just FYI and is certainly not a show stopper.

Last edited:
OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
Just one thing,gskill does not have an official service centre in India so in case of RMA you may have to wait weeks before getting a replacement as it will come from abroad.I suggest going with corsair or kingston/hyperx for ram as their after sales support in India is official.
Buy Online | Corsair 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 3000MHz RAM | Price in India
Shall get Corsiar RAM . Thanks sir

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
Just one FYI..the chosen motherboard has 8 + 4 EPS CPU Power connector, whereas the chosen PSU CX450 has just 1 (4 + 4) EPS Power plug. Now a days you get high end PSUs that offer 2 (4 + 4) to support such boards.

Since you are not going to overclock or put excessive load on the system you should just be fine plugging in 4+4 plug in 8 Pins and leave the rest of the 4 open.

Still if you ever face issues like system not booting or may be system instability, better add molex to 4 EPS adapter to consume and draw the extra power needed from a free molex plug.

This is just FYI and is certainly not a show stopper.
Oh . Thank you.
Is it going to be a major issue ? OR should I opt for other power supply unit please?

Minion

Conversation Architect
1. ASUS GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 Phoenix Fan Edition Graphic Card PH-GTX1050TI-4G

2. AMD RYZEN 5 1600 / 3.2 GHz Socket AM4 Processor with Wraith Spire 65W cooler

3. MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC AM4 Socket Motherboard

4. G.skill Ripjaws V 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM (F4-3200C16S-8GVKB)

5. Corsair CX 450 Power Supply /Product Code: CP-9020120-UK

6. Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA Mid-Tower Gaming Case Black/Red CC-9011085-WW

7. ASUS DVD Writer

8. Windows 10 OS 64 bit “HOME”

Finally made up my mind for above specs. Budget streched a lot . Its for many years and possibly I wont be upgrading soon. I will order ALL stuff from prime abgb except MSI pro carbon AC MoBo from different dealer .
Before I place final order kindly check the list for compatibility/ suggestions plz.
Regards

Do you really need dvd writer? If yes then you have to use a different case
Corsair SPEC 3 Red-3,900

My suggestion is don't buy DVD writer its outdated.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about corsair Cx 450 ?

*www.amazon.in/Storite-Portable-3-0-Drive-External/dp/B07CHLDHBN/ref=sr_1_4?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1544570775&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+slim+dvd+drive&refinements=p_85:10440599031
Is it same ?
You missed it in PM?
As for psu 8pins(4+4) is sufficient for most mid rage processors,extra 4pins of (8+4) on mobo is required only during extreme overclocking(usually ~5GHz,for comparison even achieving 4GHz is considered a very good result for ryzen 1600) so as to provide extra power.PSU should work fine.

Yes,but I suggest this one:
*www.amazon.in/LG-GP65NB60-External...AEHE2KQ3J5P&psc=1&refRID=2W6QC7HASAEHE2KQ3J5P

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Oh . Thank you.
Is it going to be a major issue ? OR should I opt for other power supply unit please?

I have already stated in my original post that 4 + 4 should just suffice for normal load even if your board has 4 + 4 + 4. You are not going to overclock nor play heavy games on it. As already stated it should be just fine. That post is FYI and also another point I have is that if you are going to get it assembled thru an Assembler, he should not take you for a ride.

You know in advance what he is talking about and do not fall pray to his tactics just in case. He might say better to buy something else from him and he might try to make more money. Despite if there's an issue in a very very rare case, fix is very easy as already stated.

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
I have already stated in my original post that 4 + 4 should just suffice for normal load even if your board has 4 + 4 + 4. You are not going to overclock nor play heavy games on it. As already stated it should be just fine. That post is FYI and also another point I have is that if you are going to get it assembled thru an Assembler, he should not take you for a ride.

You know in advance what he is talking about and do not fall pray to his tactics just in case. He might say better to buy something else from him and he might try to make more money. Despite if there's an issue in a very very rare case, fix is very easy as already stated.
Thx. This is very true. I will be careful

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thx a ton. As a curiosity what would be adavantge of Slim external DVD writer as opposed to internal one?
Regards
Nothing,if your cabinet does not have 5.25" drive bay(many new stylish cabinets don't have this) or you like to use your dvd drive with laptop(many slim laptops nowadays too have no dvd drive) too then it is convenient.

Top Bottom